AiM SmartyCam HD, GT Wheel and MXL2!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I have put a very slightly used MXL in the new race car but will be using the hd version of SmartyCam. The MXL is less money, which is nice (says the guy building a new race car!).
For those that can't wait, I recommend the EVO4 with the MXL-Dash. That way, you get GPS, tri-axial accelerometers, better packaging and forward-thinking architecture. It's less money than the MXL plus the GPS accessory and much more powerful, IMO.

Originally Posted by josserman
Been eagerly waiting for this, sounds like updated date in end of February at this point
Yes, that's what I have heard. I think they will release the hardware and increase it's capabilities through subsequent firmware releases. They KNOW people are chomping at the bit.

I think they know they messed up by announcing the MXL2 prematurely last year (2012 PRI) only to scrap the initial build design to upgrade the processor and the capabilities in order to encompass what they wanted to do for the MXG, too.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: AiM SmartyCam HD, GT Wheel and MXL2!