Sponsored by:

Is anyone else a little "Bothered" by Venezuela "Sponsorships"

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I used to be a DSS agent...we were the ones (along with USSS) who protected them when they were in the US, including at the UN. it was especially galling when one of the Iranian or ChiCom or North Korean...or Soviet...jackwagons would come, and we would still have to keep them alive & call them "sir". In our minds we spelled it "c-u-r" not "s-i-r"
don't get me going on Ahmadinejad (you & I know he was there at the Embassy in 79..I've seen pictures)
Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
I think what bothers me more is there are drivers out there that can drive the pants of some of these funded drivers yet they cant find a seat.
that's what really bothers me, and it's an epidemic at all levels of motorsport including F1, NASCAR, Indy, sports cars...bring $$$, drive car. not much else matters.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
that's what really bothers me, and it's an epidemic at all levels of motorsport including F1, NASCAR, Indy, sports cars...bring $$$, drive car. not much else matters.

+ 3

I'm not bother by Venezuela sponsorship.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Bugs the **** out of me but I don't want to get into a political conversation in the racing forum. Maybe time to move this thread or close it.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't buy gas at Citgo. Didn't even notice the new sponsorship on the FL car.

It does seem like no matter what series I'm watching, Conti tire, ST, TC, WC, Rolex, ALMS, I'm watching the same core group of drivers. I don't begrudge them making a living by any means but I lament that there's not more money in road racing (like Nascar for just showing up) so more talented drivers can compete at the highest levels.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito

Hit me back in '81 or '82 when I was up to Sears Point early on a Sunday morning for the IMSA race, and the Hells Angels from Titusville were changing the engine out on a GTO class car for a couple of guys out of Central America.

And then we found out what was really going on from the Pauls, Whittingtons, etc. on the dope side, to Fitzpatrick's backer in J. David Dominelli and his pyramid scheme.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,057 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Hit me back in '81 or '82 when I was up to Sears Point early on a Sunday morning for the IMSA race, and the Hells Angels from Titusville were changing the engine out on a GTO class car for a couple of guys out of Central America.

And then we found out what was really going on from the Pauls, Whittingtons, etc. on the dope side, to Fitzpatrick's backer in J. David Dominelli and his pyramid scheme.
When a group of Hells angels are changing out an engine, that's real "grass" roots Motorsports.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else a little "Bothered" by Venezuela "Sponsorships"