Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Direzza ZII beat the Rivals, Potenza RE-11A and Advan Neovas in Tirerack's test

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM
brave1heart
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Direzza ZII beat the Rivals, Potenza RE-11A and Advan Neovas in Tirerack's test

"What feels good isn't always fastest, and what's fast doesn't always feel good. Case in point: out of the top 2 performance tires (the g-Force Rival and the Direzza ZII), the Rival scored better in cornering stability, steering response, handling predictability, and even overall track rating, giving up only a statistically insignificant 1/100 of a point to the Direzza in braking modulation. The Direzza ZII still posed a lap time better by over 2/10s on a short 29-second course! The Direzza also had the best slalom time, tied with the Rival for first in average cornering, and came in second in stopping distance in the dry. It also beat the Rival in the wet."

Thoughts?

http://www.onehotlap.com/2013/07/bre...acks-2013.html
Old 07-14-2013, 10:45 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts
Just got in more RE11As--the RE11s I've been using on track (not autox) in recent years were so good, particularly in the wet, that it was a no-brainer for me to get the new ones.

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

Gary

....love that Alfa!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 AM
car_slave
Pro

I went from Dunlop ZIs to BFG Rivals. I'm not crazy about the Rivals and think I'll go with ZIIs next time. I've had a few traction surprises which I never used to get on the Dunlops. The ZIs seemed to have a much broader working psi range and I don't feel like I'm getting the same side bite I used to. Working on some setup changes for my next outing...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:23 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by car_slave
I went from Dunlop ZIs to BFG Rivals. I'm not crazy about the Rivals and think I'll go with ZIIs next time. I've had a few traction surprises which I never used to get on the Dunlops. The ZIs seemed to have a much broader working psi range and I don't feel like I'm getting the same side bite I used to. Working on some setup changes for my next outing...
I know from some early Rival adopters that they are down right treacherous in standing water.

Peter
Old 07-15-2013, 12:33 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

ZII not available in the 19" sizes. How do they compare to MPSS? RE-11 or MPSS for the track? On MPSC now, but was thinking about switching off r comp to avoid replacing the tires every 2 events.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 PM
brave1heart
Advanced

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
ZII not available in the 19" sizes. How do they compare to MPSS? RE-11 or MPSS for the track? On MPSC now, but was thinking about switching off r comp to avoid replacing the tires every 2 events.
The Rivals have limited sizes and no 19s either: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=g-Force+Rival
Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by brave1heart
The Rivals have limited sizes and no 19s either: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=g-Force+Rival
Rival will have a decent 18" size range when they get all in. According to my sources they will have 19's in the future.

Peter

Quick Reply: The Direzza ZII beat the Rivals, Potenza RE-11A and Advan Neovas in Tirerack's test