Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UTCC @ VIR July 19, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great toasty times indeed. Glad to see and hang out with everyone. AIM showed a 2:08.5 rolling lap but if not on the time sheets it does not exist! :-(.

Cheers and maybe we'll do it next year all over again...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Future race car did a 2:09 WITHOUT 3rd gear! (Factory Five 818R) Mine gets delivered in December.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Saweet! Congrats in advance! That car is ultra cool. We had a photo shoot in the AM before the event started and the 818 was one of the cars in the group for the shoot. Awesome machine.... MUCH faster times at VIR definitely on tap for it as well...
Old 07-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Air-21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there and can confirm the heat really took a toll. I could not get any closer than 4.5 seconds of my best time at VIR. I think I drank 4 gallons of water. Kevin took some great shots of us in the morning photo shoot, I would recommend him to any one wanting quality photos of their car in action.
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:33 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Epic shot!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Kevin has some serious skill behind the camera. Check out his facebook page for more UTCC shots.

https://www.facebook.com/FlimFlamMedia
Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Representing for the front engined peeps...

Name:  UTCC SHOOT PIC 1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  94.2 KB
Old 07-23-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

What 911 was James Clay driving that won "b"?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fastest Forced Induction (turbo or supercharged)
James Clay #54 Porsche 911 1:54.9
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

A GT2, I believe.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a tough day, but a good romp.
Love to see your aero package, Pablo.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Long, aggravating day for me. Car ran awesome just one weekend before at VIR. But I discovered a bottoming out issue that didn't surface (or I didn't hear until Sunday) . I assumed the shock was bad as the suggestion of a Pirelli engineer. Tire was being cut into deeper and deeper. Took the shock off, sent it off to be examined while out of the country for the week. Synergy helped with storing the car and taking the shock off and putting it back on. Got the refreshed shock on, STILL RUBBING. By this time I'm super nervous because its been rubbing for a good while and the groove is very deep.

Raised the car up almost an inch, handling goes to crap, no traction anywhere, not to mention the TPMS I just installed had a leaky valve stem causing rapid air loss, and the settings on the refreshed shock had been changed. Didn't figure that out until mid day. Managed a 57.7. Tires were on their 6-9 HC's too. Had some stickers but left them in the trailer because of all of the issues, didn't want to chance wasting a set of tires trying to catch Clay in the GT2 in the afternoon heat on a whacked setup.

Not to mention I got put in Group B. Was not happy about that. Clay was in it because he was driving fast cars in both groups. They just put me in it for some reason. Next after me was almost 10 seconds slower. Less fun.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Long, aggravating day for me. Car ran awesome just one weekend before at VIR. But I discovered a bottoming out issue that didn't surface (or I didn't hear until Sunday) . I assumed the shock was bad as the suggestion of a Pirelli engineer. Tire was being cut into deeper and deeper. Took the shock off, sent it off to be examined while out of the country for the week. Synergy helped with storing the car and taking the shock off and putting it back on. Got the refreshed shock on, STILL RUBBING. By this time I'm super nervous because its been rubbing for a good while and the groove is very deep.

Raised the car up almost an inch, handling goes to crap, no traction anywhere, not to mention the TPMS I just installed had a leaky valve stem causing rapid air loss, and the settings on the refreshed shock had been changed. Didn't figure that out until mid day. Managed a 57.7. Tires were on their 6-9 HC's too. Had some stickers but left them in the trailer because of all of the issues, didn't want to chance wasting a set of tires trying to catch Clay in the GT2 in the afternoon heat on a whacked setup.

Not to mention I got put in Group B. Was not happy about that. Clay was in it because he was driving fast cars in both groups. They just put me in it for some reason. Next after me was almost 10 seconds slower. Less fun.
Yeah, that grouping sucked for you. Lots of people were wondering why you and Clay were in it. Not fair for anyone involved in one sense.

Car looked very good despite the problems and issues.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:04 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Yeah, that grouping sucked for you. Lots of people were wondering why you and Clay were in it. Not fair for anyone involved in one sense.

Car looked very good despite the problems and issues.

Quick Reply: UTCC @ VIR July 19, 2013