Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another reminder: Take it to the track

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013 | 10:11 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
They pulled the video, I can only imagine...
YouTube pulled the videos because of the "shocking and disgusting content." I am in total agreement: seeing a k-egg driven like that is shocking and disgusting.
Old 07-03-2013 | 12:54 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Driver is retarded. Organizers are idiots. Spectators are even worse. No surprises there, it's Poland after all.
Old 07-03-2013 | 02:16 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

if you want to see people hit by a car.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c99_1372613418

-yet, another reminder to have a barrier between you and the track...

I've seen cars (corner worker's) parked well off the line get hit... because they thought it was a safe place to park.
Old 07-03-2013 | 02:33 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

pure stupidity, I just wish he'd have hit something hard instead of all those people.
Old 07-03-2013 | 02:36 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

What a complete idiot. The driver never got control of that car even for a second.

As for the audience, for some reason people love playing Darwin's Poker -- keeping barely few feet of air between themselves and tons of metal barreling down at the edge of adhesion. Just like in those Pikes Peak videos... "If government hasn't banned this, it must be safe for me then!" It's how nature fixes itself, I guess.
Old 07-03-2013 | 02:37 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
pure stupidity, I just wish he'd have hit something hard instead of all those people.
Wish he tried Pike's Peak (Darwin).
Old 07-03-2013 | 03:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbossolo
No surprises there, it's Poland after all.
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with Poland. This level of stupidity is present anwhere "street racers" and morons like Ghettoracer are present.
Old 07-04-2013 | 12:12 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

^ It was "tongue-in-cheek", bro. The level of stupidity on that video is staggering (even for Poland).
Old 07-04-2013 | 10:03 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

there is a barrier there, a weenie little parade fence like they have at the tour de france to keep weenie 140 pound cyclists from clobbering you.

that driver shoudl be taken to jail.

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl
if you want to see people hit by a car.

LiveLeak.com - Koenigsegg mows down crowd

-yet, another reminder to have a barrier between you and the track...

I've seen cars (corner worker's) parked well off the line get hit... because they thought it was a safe place to park.
Old 07-09-2013 | 03:01 PM
Cheyenne
Instructor

With all due respect VR, I call BS on this.

Would you really want someone with that guy's mentality on the track with you?

This is caused by driving over your head, not poor venue choice. And I see a ton of videos from DE and club races that show people driving past their abilities. Then I see posts about people who die at driving events, even though they have all or most of the safety gear they should have, and often aren't even going that fast when they crash. I fail to see how it's worth it.

Until driving on track is about being in control of yourself, your car, and to the best of your ability the situation around you, and not about goosing yourself with adrenaline, or telling stories about how you "almost lost it" while driving too fast to learn much from it.

The track looks like fun, I'll get there someday. But it sure as hell won't be to be safe, because between going that fast, and being surrounded by people who get off on the risk factor specifically, or just don't know how to stay this side of their own competence, I don't see how it's possible with the current culture, much less the reality of physics.
Old 07-09-2013 | 03:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yes I would...because he would be assigned an instructor (that would not be me)...
Old 07-09-2013 | 05:14 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cheyenne

This is caused by driving over your head, not poor venue choice. And I see a ton of videos from DE and club races that show people driving past their abilities. Then I see posts about people who die at driving events, even though they have all or most of the safety gear they should have, and often aren't even going that fast when they crash. I fail to see how it's worth it.

Until driving on track is about being in control of yourself, your car, and to the best of your ability the situation around you, and not about goosing yourself with adrenaline, or telling stories about how you "almost lost it" while driving too fast to learn much from it.

The track looks like fun, I'll get there someday. But it sure as hell won't be to be safe, because between going that fast, and being surrounded by people who get off on the risk factor specifically, or just don't know how to stay this side of their own competence, I don't see how it's possible with the current culture, much less the reality of physics.
Wut??? I'm sorry, but that post is almost total nonsense and implies that you have zero experience at a track with an organized group. Of course you would not want somebody like that on the track with you and frankly, that venue, is an accident waiting to happen.

I've never seen anything nearly that stupid at the track since I started in 2009. Sure, there is an adrenaline rush and it is fun. I mean,who would do it if it wasn't fun? The guys I track with (mainly PCA) are deadly serious about safety and it is ingrained from the start in their students and participants.

It would be a pretty sure bet that if you took a serious track guy and gave him the keys to that 'egg and told him to drive it at his limits, in that situation, he would either not do it or just do a parade lap.

Physics, economics, and the will to live dictate that track driving is *all* about control of oneself, control of the car, and a very intimate understanding of the physics involved. A guy like that wouldn't be allowed on a well run track for two seconds and at best would have *one* chance with a brave instructor to redeem himself before becoming persona non grata with the organization for life.

Generally speaking, the people surrounding you on a race track in the United States at an event run by a reputable organization are very good and aware drivers - much more so than what you get on a typical public street. Heck, many of the cars have two drivers (cars with instructors).

Are there risks? Sure. It's an individual choice, but to classify this *** clownery on both the part of the driver and the venue with *all* well organized track events is simply unfair.

-Mike
Old 07-09-2013 | 06:35 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cheyenne

You almost had a point but you buried it in so much $hit that it died. It would have been better if you started your reply with "I know someone who went to the track once......" so we would know at the start to ignore your post.
Old 07-09-2013 | 06:45 PM
944hal
Pro

I'm a "Pollock" and a racer. Nationality jokes are inappropriate. Idiots come in all nationalities. I've met and seen more than my share.
Old 07-09-2013 | 06:50 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by TXE36
Wut??? I'm sorry, but that post is almost total nonsense and implies that you have zero experience at a track with an organized group.
Mike,

Cheyenne has no track experience. He learned all he knows on the street and thinks he knows more than the racers here.....

Scott

Quick Reply: Yet another reminder: Take it to the track