2013 Clash at the glen video's only

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Nice video, Hunt. Have you tried 3rd gear coming out of T11? You are getting killed there every time in 4th...
Originally Posted by Gary R.
Nice run Hunt, too bad Kelion had to finish Sprint 2 the way he did, a good force to have in SPB.. hope he bounces back! As for T11, I just think you need to brake less, you don't trust the banking there and your ability to rotate the car. Just MHO of course... it is a foam wall after all..
I hate T11! I have always been slow there. My thinking, and this is true at my home track too, was to try to carry more speed and not have to downshift. Sometimes I think I over brake in order to get down a gear. At home, Summit Point, it forces me to get in and thru the corner faster but in practice at the Glen I think you are both right. Less brake or make the adjustment on each lap rather than stubbornly staying in 4th.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,598 Likes on 832 Posts

I wonder if you can do the downshhift w/o braking? Might really make a difference launching out of 11!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

I wonder if you can do the downshhift w/o braking? Might really make a difference launching out of 11!
Now I hadn't thought of that. I'll try anything once
Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

IMO it might be worth trying just doing a full lift, popping the throttle for a big blip, downshifting, then rolling back to power...
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

IMO it might be worth trying just doing a full lift, popping the throttle for a big blip, downshifting, then rolling back to power...
I appreciate the tip Dave. I guess I can't get by on good looks alone in SPB anymore. I have to learn some skillz!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
I appreciate the tip Dave. I guess I can't get by on good looks alone in SPB anymore. I have to learn some skillz!
Let's not forget who the Champion is!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

I have tried both in 11 in my SPB (not downshifting to 4th and not braking). Now I have only had the car a month and not driven it 4 days all at WGI, but my data showed a light brake and downshift to 3rd was faster than the other options.

I hope Kelion finds a car and comes back to. He is the reason I bought my SPB and was hoping to run with him some and have him teach me some stuff. I have a feeling a few more SPB's will be showing up in the northeast soon to because of him. Hope to see you out there soon buddy.

I would have won blue sprint race 1 if not for a stupid rookie mistake. The car had no brakes coming into 1 but did everywhere else. I had to spin the car in 1 to avoid a nasty off and this allowed 4 of you past. Turned out my brake pads were all gone and I was using backing plates! Lesson learned. It did allow me to set a fast lap time though.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Sure thing, Hunt the Shunt!

Seriouslyy, you may fund it doesn't work FOR YOU, or doesn't mesh with your driving style...but IMHO it is worth a tryy, since you are gettting slaughtered out of 11.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
I would have won blue sprint race 1 if not for a stupid rookie mistake. The car had no brakes coming into 1 but did everywhere else. I had to spin the car in 1 to avoid a nasty off and this allowed 4 of you past. Turned out my brake pads were all gone and I was using backing plates! Lesson learned. It did allow me to set a fast lap time though.
I would have won all my races except for stupid mistakes.... then again, isn't that why everyone doesn't win??
Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Foot Cam! Compliments of OG Racing! I won a Replay Camera last year at VIR

Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Foot Cam! Compliments of OG Racing! I won a Replay Camera last year at VIR
That is pretty cool! You coast a bit before getting on the brake into the bus stop, then chirp the tires on the downshhift...no soup for you!

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 12-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

So real I can almost smell them...
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Depends on what's happening in front of me. These are some early laps so there's some traffic. I think that chirp is the ABS. If you notice I make the shift then stab the brake again. I must have been getting too close for comfort. I don't want to punt anyone and get in trouble Or I tried to get in too hot in my desperate grab for total awesomeness and got skeered. I didn't do it on the next 2 laps but I did chirp the ABS at T6 where there was no shifting.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I would have won all my races except for stupid mistakes.... then again, isn't that why everyone doesn't win??
Well, maybe that was a bit presumptuous. I could have won if I didn't make a rookie mistake is probably a better way to think about it.

I was 8 seconds in front of P2 before I spun and gaining an additional quarter second a lap. I should have backed off some and rode out the rest of the race, but was just into it to much as it was my first race.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:30 PM
ajenks144
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the first couple laps of the Blue Sprint Race #2. Since I was the only GT6 car running, I tried to stay out of the way of the great in class battles I saw going on.

-Andy

Quick Reply: 2013 Clash at the glen video's only