Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio Club Race & DE July 5,6,7

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John H
I set my best times trying to stick with Jack and Jim. They just kept getting further and further ahead.

Sprint 1
Buddy that was a great start and a great lap! You were hangin' tough!

John H is finally back!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

That was a great weekend. Just did the DE but wow what a nice course and well organized event. Having the Mid Ohio intructors there are well opened my eyes and I became a much better driver.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

I'd like to personally thank everyone who showed-up. It was a tough weekend to have a club race, but we decided early-on to put on a good show - regardless of how many drivers sign-up.

We are looking at our options for next year, but you can bet we will be staying away from the 4th of July holiday.

So thanks for a great weekend of racing and I look forward to seeing you'all again next year!

Chip
Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^^^^^

Thanks to Chip and the rest of MORPCA for putting on a first class event!

I think I should also mention the spectacular drive that Chip put in during Sprint #1 coming from DFL on the grid up to a podium position in E class. I don’t know exactly how many cars he passed, but it was a bunch and the drive earned him the Workers Choice Award. Maybe we’ll get to see some video?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:21 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipster
I'd like to personally thank everyone who showed-up. It was a tough weekend to have a club race, but we decided early-on to put on a good show - regardless of how many drivers sign-up.

We are looking at our options for next year, but you can bet we will be staying away from the 4th of July holiday.

So thanks for a great weekend of racing and I look forward to seeing you'all again next year!

Chip

Looking forward to it!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
^^^^^^^^

I think I should also mention the spectacular drive that Chip put in during Sprint #1 coming from DFL on the grid up to a podium position in E class. I don’t know exactly how many cars he passed, but it was a bunch and the drive earned him the Workers Choice Award. Maybe we’ll get to see some video?
+1. That whole sprint #1 had good stuff to watch from your battle at the front to a couple of cars moving through the pack from the back.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are some video highlights from the enduro. It picks up with me battling Jack shortly before we pit around mid-race. It then switches to the restart after a double yellow where there is all kinds of action.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some video highlights from the enduro. It picks up with me battling Jack shortly before we pit around mid-race. It then switches to the restart after a double yellow where there is all kinds of action.
Unfortunately I would be more prominently featured in a (close-up) rearview cam video.

Jim and I had some epic battles last weekend. Probably my best race weekend ever. It's really fun racing with someone you know and trust. Lou B. in the white F car was also a pleasure to chase.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:53 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are some video highlights from the enduro.
Jim, you make it look way too easy. Here's lap 1 of Sprint 1, I never do anything nice and easy. Sorry for the weird perspective, accidentally zoomed in when I set it up.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:20 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First Half of Sprint 2

Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

ok...curiosity has the best of me....maybe it's just Friday and I'm bored.

Where can I find the sprint race results. There were 2 996 GT3's out there, does anyone know what class they run in?
Old 07-12-2013, 01:48 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 730 Likes on 358 Posts

Andy
FYI Enduro times are posted on the previous page - nothings posted online yet unless someone scans and posts.. GT3 would be stock J, or there was a Prepared car up into K. Paul Blom ran the endure in Stock J class... 6th overall.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 AM
por29
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

This was my first time, and first race at Mid Ohio. I had a great time there. The host region did a great job. The people could not have been any nicer. I almost did not go due to the date. Now...I can not wait to go back.

I think the date(s) hurt all the races. With Mosport was just the week before and VIR just the week before that. A lot of us can not do races so closely scheduled. Shoot, I'd like to participate in all the East coast races but budget and schedule play a huge part. The hosting regions really need to look closer at the dates. There needs to be a little more time in between the East coast PCA Club races.. I know NASCAR and Grand Am and ALMS get in our way but ???
Old 07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

1st Red Sprint from my iPhone (Go-Pro had a dead battery). I qualified 3rd in E but had to start at the back due to a "slight infraction of the sporting regulations".

Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

[QUOTE=Chipster;10608153]1st Red Sprint from my iPhone (Go-Pro had a dead battery). I qualified 3rd in E but had to start at the back due to a "slight infraction of the sporting regulations".

Great Job Chip, nice video.
Missed you guys this year, I'll be back next year.

I have this hard wired into my car for the GoPro. No more dead batteries.

I have the Hero2 I not sure if it works with the original GoPro

Amazon.com: Compact Direct USB Hardwire Car Charger Cable Kit for Garmin GPS Nuvi StreetPilot, Great for Vehicle and Bike: GPS & Navigation Amazon.com: Compact Direct USB Hardwire Car Charger Cable Kit for Garmin GPS Nuvi StreetPilot, Great for Vehicle and Bike: GPS & Navigation

Last edited by flatsics; 07-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio Club Race & DE July 5,6,7