Sponsored by:

GT2 Widowmaker or Why You Never Stop Steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Cheyenne,

Your last post is naive on so many levels it's sad. It's clear you have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express two weeks ago instead of last night.....

Scott
Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The original intent of this thread when I opened it was to stimulate some discussion around a) what went wrong and how the driver could have prevented it in the first place b) give him some credit for what ultimately was an epic save in a car that presumably is not very easy to drive at the limit in these conditions.

It has descended into what seems to me to be some pretty obvious trolling. There are some here that do and some that just talk and the distinction is pretty obvious sometimes. Some of us that fall in the middle are trying to learn from the former and have a little fun in the process.

Mods, I'm okay if you want to close this thing down.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
The original intent of this thread when I opened it was to stimulate some discussion around a) what went wrong and how the driver could have prevented it in the first place b) give him some credit for what ultimately was an epic save in a car that presumably is not very easy to drive at the limit in these conditions.

It has descended into what seems to me to be some pretty obvious trolling. There are some here that do and some that just talk and the distinction is pretty obvious sometimes. Some of us that fall in the middle are trying to learn from the former and have a little fun in the process.

What went wrong? Isn't that pretty clear? He got into the corner a little hot with some understeer and, when the front tires hooked up a bit better, he did not manage the oversteer condition that occurred quickly enough.

Then he proceeded to do an admirable job of surviving a 100 MPH tank slapper on a tree lined road. Yes, he made some mistakes making the save. But I am not crazy enough to say I would have done any better and I could have done worse. I've never driven the car or the road so I don't have enough information to say anything else.

Then we have some person who has never turned a wheel on the track come in and tell us how it should be done based on 7500 hours on mountains roads in a FWD car of unknown origin. Most of that alleged at under the speed limit.

Amazing.....

Scott
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
On RL you should be able to close any thread that you open. Your call.

Last edited by Frank 993 C4S; 05-28-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-28-2013, 02:28 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
You should be able to close any thread that you open. Your call.
That's not how public forums work. Once a thread is open, it is a public thread. The OP is just another participant in that public discussion.

Scott
Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In before it's closed.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 881 Likes on 542 Posts

Last word?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Cheyenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, you guys are funny!

You remind me of high school, everyone so sure that they're right in what they do because everyone else around them is doing it also.

I'll stop, clearly y'all don't like it, and even more clearly, none of you have anything real to say. Good luck learning to drive well, remember, it's all about seat time, that you make the most of. Don't believe me, go ask someone who gets paid to give the benefit of their experience.

And just to stay on topic of the video, watch out for that understeer, it ain't your friend.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Great save.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:48 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
LOL, you guys are funny!

You remind me of high school, everyone so sure that they're right in what they do because everyone else around them is doing it also.

I'll stop, clearly y'all don't like it, and even more clearly, none of you have anything real to say. Good luck learning to drive well, remember, it's all about seat time, that you make the most of. Don't believe me, go ask someone who gets paid to give the benefit of their experience.

And just to stay on topic of the video, watch out for that understeer, it ain't your friend.
This is better than Seinfeld!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Here's something I've learned from somebody more experienced than I am on the Racing/DE forum: how to close your own thread.

Quick Reply: GT2 Widowmaker or Why You Never Stop Steering