Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sterling Moss - Women Lack Mental Skill for F1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor and friend Desire' Wilson (first and only woman to win a F1 race) would not agree. I feel honored just to race with her on occasion and she is still fast as hell!!

Last edited by z06801; 04-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,127 Likes on 1,844 Posts

I don't agree with Moss but I don't think we can judge him too harshly. He is from another time.

Similar to when Sean Connery who said sometimes women want a smack which is something I (ahem) disagree strongly with.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I don't agree with Moss but I don't think we can judge him too harshly. He is from another time.

Similar to when Sean Connery who said sometimes women want a smack which is something I (ahem) disagree strongly with.
"Man talk Dink" slap on the butt (Gold Finger)
Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,493 Posts

I recently read something interesting which is related to this. It turns out that men have greater variability than women on many mental and physical traits, which means that you'll tend to find more men at both the top and bottom extremes of the ranges. If that applies to racing, and F1 is in the top extreme of racing, you'd expect to see a lot more men than women in F1, especially if more men are interested in racing in the first place. But this all refers to populations, and certainly doesn't rule out the possibility of one or more individual women competing successfully in F1. I bet there aren't many men in this forum who could beat Danica.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I bet there aren't many men in this forum who could beat Danica.
That is not an equitable comparison. Danika has been trained since childhood in the seat of a race car of one type or another. How many men here can say the same? Now if there were such men, I'm sure they would be on equal or better footing than her. Comparing hobbyist drivers to a lifelong trained professional is ridiculous.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
That is not an equitable comparison. Danika has been trained since childhood in the seat of a race car of one type or another. How many men here can say the same? Now if there were such men, I'm sure they would be on equal or better footing than her. Comparing hobbyist drivers to a lifelong trained professional is ridiculous.
Your comparison is laughable as well. It is ridiculous to say that, with equal training, any man here on this forum would be as good or better than Danica.

You just hate her.......

Scott
Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,493 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Your comparison is laughable as well. It is ridiculous to say that, with equal training, any man here on this forum would be as good or better than Danica.

You just hate her.......

Scott
My reference to Danica was mostly for fun, but I do suspect that most guys here wouldn't be as good as Danica with equal experience and training. Remember, we're arguably talking about one of the best female drivers in the world.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't hate anyone, I just think she is way overrated, and she still can't win ****.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,127 Likes on 1,844 Posts

I don't hate anyone, I just think she is way overrated, and she still can't win ****.
+1

I guess it is impossible to talk about women drivers without Danica coming up.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Here is one that can drive and my favorite, Great book ! She and her husband Alan are now racing Porsche cups out of Miller.

Quick Reply: Sterling Moss - Women Lack Mental Skill for F1