Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mylaps.com - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Race Monitor is a great app, maybe the brains behind it can apply their business smarts and put these AMB idiots out of their misery. Since the AMB signals are already being grabbed is there any reason another vendor can't package and publish the race results in a way that is actually usable?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, I usaually don't "pile on" on kicking someone or a company when they are down, but I have to rant about this one..

I have used MYLAPS for several years and have even paid to have several transponders being recorded under the same account (yes I have a car sickness), anyway after months of trying to get my account transferred over to thier new system and several emails to the "technical support" I finally recieved a reply. It reads as follows:

Dear Davem

Where do you have a bug?

Regards

I can honestly say I will be one of the first people to purchase the product that any other company provides so that I can burn my multiple transponders.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:32 PM
coinboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
FIFY
You fixed what again????
Old 05-18-2013, 11:44 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

I cannot find any results from any recent races, but I got a practice time from 3 years ago. works great.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:17 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfbum

Dear Davem

Where do you have a bug?

Regards
I believe up your *** would have been the correct response. And really, Davem doesn't sound that gay.....
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 PM
gvtesse
Racer

tried to use mylaps for the first time after attending a recent POC event....I registered my transponder, but couldn't find any of my times.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

I tried, upgraded and now have access to nothing... Can't even figure out hOw to add my new transPonder...
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen
I tried, upgraded and now have access to nothing... Can't even figure out hOw to add my new transPonder...
they just came out with a book called "MYLaps for Dummies" I have it on order. the company publishing it just emailed saying they couldn't ship it for like 2,3 months as their software that controls the ordering, and shipping process is all fouled up and wont be operational for a few months. they told me to stop by cup car panchinko crying like a bitch and just be thankful that ill get it in 3 months.

I cant believe race-monitor doesn't come up with a data aggregation model to collect all that data and present it in better fashion than mylaps.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:06 PM
coinboy
Racer

Originally Posted by ZSA Motorsport
I cant believe race-monitor doesn't come up with a data aggregation model to collect all that data and present it in better fashion than mylaps.
Yea, this is a BIG opportunity for Race-Monitor / clubregistration.net / Rennpoints to jump in with a complete package and kill Mylaps....

I would pay for a new transponder to change over, bet a lot of people here would....
Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's FUBAR now, I can't get any results at all.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Lol steve...
Agreed beyond fubar...
Goldman is a shoe btw, great driving at cota!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Goldman is a shoe btw, great driving at cota!
+1
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Cris Brady
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I was hoping that waiting long enough much of this would get resolved, but upgrading my account and logging into the new website showed me only 1 race weekend from 2007 and nothing else. So I sent an email to support and here's the response.

First of all, I want to apologize for the delay in answering your question.

At this moment our website does not provide personal race and practice results, you should however be able to view your practice results that are not personally registered .
We are working hard to implement the personal results in the account again.
So there you go, you just need to about an hour or so to find your latest results, just don't log in. I't almost like a treasure hunt since the results are in random date order. Fun for the entire family!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 613 Likes on 300 Posts

What a mess can't log in, can't get the upgrade to work, time to shut down the site and get it to work, and WTF is with the country search where the hell is North Vietnam? I thought that was settled in the 70s do they have a lot of transponders in that country?
Rich
Rich
Old 06-01-2013, 12:29 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Well after what seems like months mylaps now recognises I have an account!!!! Wee!!!
But I still can't view any of my old results.....BOO.....
Does anyone have a fully functioning mylaps account now? Once the upgrade is complete do we just wait and like magic our old results are transferred over?

Quick Reply: mylaps.com - WTF?