Sponsored by:

PCA club racing/ Cayman Interseries schedules overlap

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts
Default PCA club racing/ Cayman Interseries schedules overlap

I just noticed that the Cayman Interseries is now running with PCA club racing for all of the Interseries races. What sucks for me is that I will not be able to attend the Mid Ohio race in July, but a few questions for those Interseries racers...

Is it just one race or run like PCA club race? I'm wondering what is involved to get into a race? Do I have to agree to a minimum number of Interseries races, or can I just do one or two? What are the costs like? Assuming there is licensure like PCA club racing?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:30 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Check in with Napelton before the race, they can tech your car and that is it. They are close to getting PCA to allow us our own grid rolling start at the back of the field. That would be great. I ran 48 hours at sebring and probably wont be back with pca/inter series til RA on memorial day weekend.

There are no added costs or anything. We are working on some additional badging and we may be required to fly a few sponsor stickers like pirelli and a few others but that is it at this time.

Ron and Joey are working on tightening things up.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 51 Posts

That's very cool. I have my sights on the Road America race. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,299 Likes on 1,874 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
They are close to getting PCA to allow us our own grid rolling start at the back of the field. That would be great.

Ron and Joey are working on tightening things up.

Hope that helps.
Both these news items are great things. And important priorities for the series to grow.

I heard too many rumblings in Atlanta of differing specs all under the GTB1 banner. People I respect were qualifying car performance by saying that particular cars were "World Challenge" spec or, explaining lesser performance attributing this to cars that were "true Cayman Interseries spec." That shouldn't be.

The attractiveness of a spec class is the prospect of all competitors to do well, BECAUSE of the class restrictions.

Can't wait to see how this plays out. Ron is wise and experienced.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: PCA club racing/ Cayman Interseries schedules overlap