Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COTA PCA Club Race Registration Opens Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013 | 05:48 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by John H
someone please post a thread when the motorsportreg site has the test and tune listed. If I am towing 19 hours each way, I want to get every available minute on track.
I just recieved an email fro PCA CR regarding registering for T/T on Thursday.

Damed if I can understand it though. I think you have to enter the "lottery" through CR when the DE stuff opens up and then follow another path to get confirmed for the T/T.
Old 03-26-2013 | 05:49 PM
SoClose
Racer

Originally Posted by John H
someone please post a thread when the motorsportreg site has the test and tune listed. If I am towing 19 hours each way, I want to get every available minute on track.
Is there any knowledge regarding Thursday vs Wednesday/Thursday T&T?
Clubregistration info originally said both days, but I think that's been removed.
Old 03-26-2013 | 05:57 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh boy. I have not received that email...now I am worried.
Old 03-26-2013 | 05:59 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by KaiB
I just recieved an email fro PCA CR regarding registering for T/T on Thursday.

Damed if I can understand it though. I think you have to enter the "lottery" through CR when the DE stuff opens up and then follow another path to get confirmed for the T/T.
I think that message was just for the DE'ers. I assumed the racer's got their own message. The message I'm referring to starts "Dear DE Drivers"

It looks like they are just limiting participation of the test and tune to PCA racers and DE'ers for that weekend.

Any idea how hard this place is on brakes and tires? I've got a feeling I may find out what the terminal velocity of my E36 is if I make it to the DE.

-Mike
Old 03-26-2013 | 06:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Is there any knowledge regarding Thursday vs Wednesday/Thursday T&T?
Clubregistration info originally said both days, but I think that's been removed.
Thursday only at this point.

Originally Posted by TXE36
Any idea how hard this place is on brakes and tires? I've got a feeling I may find out what the terminal velocity of my E36 is if I make it to the DE.

-Mike
It's tough on brakes. Easy on (most) tires.
Old 03-26-2013 | 09:10 PM
CAM14
Instructor

I would say easy on brakes and not too hard on tires but can be very tough on the drivetrain.

At the SCCA race earlier this month, out of 85 Spec Miatas, I know of at least 10 who had some kind of engine failure. Some of those failures were related to mis-shifts. At least in my car, there are 5 to 6 2nd gear corners. Can't speak for other run groups as I was too buys trying to fix my car. Might not be such an issue with cars who have broader torque bands. It is a beautiful track and great facility. But decent nearby restaurants and hotels are hard to find.
Old 03-26-2013 | 09:23 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Hard on brakes if it's a fast car, five corners at 40 mph, most after fast straights...

Easy on tires, the pavement is as slick as a baby's bottom!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-27-2013 | 12:40 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

To me easy on brakes and easy on tires.

What is max number of driver's for this event?
Old 03-27-2013 | 08:25 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
Be fun to see you back at a PCA race Rob.
I ran the PCA race at Sebring last month in the 996 but was disappointed that the Spec Box guys did not make the trip. Looking forward to catching up with everyone at COTA! Looks like you guys had a blast at TWS, love how the class has grown with so many talented drivers.

Spoke to Todd yesterday and arranged to make the trip with TOPP Racing, so everything looks to be a go. Just need to fly back to TX next weekend and make some repairs to the car so its ready for the event.
Old 03-27-2013 | 09:43 AM
GearTie
Rennlist Member

Here is the message I got from Amy at Motorsport Reg and Wendy from PCA regarding the T&T Thursday:

Hi Dan,

That event is not yet open for registration. I'm copying the event organizer, Jason Wade, who will be able to advise about when it will be open. I think he might be out of the office currently, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back right away.

Ann
Ann Boss Maycock
http://MotorsportReg.com
t. 415.462.5603
f. 415.839.5210

Stay in the loop:
Facebook: http://facebook.MotorsportReg.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pukkasoft
Blog: http://www.pukkasoft.com/blog

From Wendy:

Quite honestly I don’t know when that opens up. I have a hard time understanding why they didn’t open it up when we did, but that’s what happened. I know that only CR entrants will be allowed to participate in the T&T. I’ve also looked on their site and haven’t found it.

I’m hopeful they’ll let the race organizers know soon. Once I do, I’ll try to let all of you know.

Wish I had better info for you, but it’s just not available to me.

Wendy

Last edited by GearTie; 03-27-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-27-2013 | 10:56 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I don't see how they can open registration for the T&T until National figures out who is in the race, and LSR/HCR/MAV figures out who is in the DE. I think we will just have to wait patiently.
Old 03-27-2013 | 01:10 PM
caymancyr
Instructor

Forty six racers signed up for Stock E! If they break it down like Road Atlanta, we'll have over 90 drivers in each run group. I'm glad there appears to be some width to the front straight.

Last edited by caymancyr; 03-27-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: signature
Old 03-28-2013 | 10:37 AM
GearTie
Rennlist Member

I think they will split us into 3 run groups like they did at Sebring. We had something like 71 cars in our run group which included GTB1, J, 4S, C2, I, H, 4R, and a couple others. The DE groups took the back seat all weekend at Sebring due to the crashes in the Cup Car run group. I don't think they were happy.

They should have split the COTA event into two separate weekends...one for DE and one for CR.
Old 03-28-2013 | 10:41 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GearTie
They should have split the COTA event into two separate weekends...one for DE and one for CR.
No can do when the track costs in the neighborhood of $120,000+ for 3 days
Old 03-28-2013 | 10:43 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
No can do when the track costs in the neighborhood of $120,000+ for 3 days
No can do when COTA won't give you a second weekend either. The amount of work that went into getting the one weekend was unbelievable. If you see David Gross at the track, make sure to thank him. Dude has the patience of Jobe.

Quick Reply: COTA PCA Club Race Registration Opens Tonight