Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers, plus two extra rear blankets.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers, plus two extra rear blankets.

Posted in the classifieds:

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...l#post10239237
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Also, just my two cents on these warmers. very useful for PCA where its kind of nice to have some solid temps and pressure in the car before taking to the track for practice sessions and grids, particularly in pca where its important to get in good laps else be buried down the timing/scoring pecking order fighting your way through traffic.
you also have far more comfort going into turn 1, lap 1 knowing you have more reasonable pressure and temps .

on our Pirellis, its critical to heat cycle them. im not certain technically I could explain it but there is some oils or something else in the tire which makes the Pirelli WC slicks absolutely diabolical for 2,3,4 turns till some basic scrubbing of the oils away happens. in the Camaro its simply expected that the back end will step out for 2,3 turns. and then, it goes away. heat cycling before hand helps.
as far as durability or performance from pre-heat cycling...really hard to analyze but base on my laps, my data and understanding, Id suggest you do no harm in cycling them other than spending 10minutes wrapping them and waiting an hour while they cook...and yet I do feel that while I don't see better lap times, the fall off after laps 7,8 on the Michelin slicks and Pirelli slicks is less dramatic.

when you have a session that's very close to the next, you can also put them in maintenance mode, and it will keep them hovering at 150 to 170 degrees so they don't "cycle", they don't cool/heat/cool/heat, etc. which is not ideal for performance. not sure id stuff them on warmers for 4 hours between lunch and an afternoon session.
but 30 to 60 minutes, they work wonders.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Sold!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers, plus two extra rear blankets.