Sponsored by:

Track Gear From Santa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RSAErick
Wow, what a great girlfriend! Do you have a sister?

Seriously though, as generous as you are, I would shy away from buying any specific gear for your boyfriend... unless you know EXACTLY what his is looking for. Guys are VERY particular about their sports cars - especially when it comes to race gear. It woud be difficut to predict the brand, model, or color that your boyfriend has in his unflexible mind. Instead, the suggestions about gift certificates for a local race shop or online retailer; track day with or without coaching; or race books, are all excellent ideas, and will be universally appreciated.

Good luck and happy holidays!
This...but I do like the shoes/gloves idea (good ones).
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RSAErick
Wow, what a great girlfriend! Do you have a sister?

Seriously though, as generous as you are, I would shy away from buying any specific gear for your boyfriend... unless you know EXACTLY what his is looking for. Guys are VERY particular about their sports cars - especially when it comes to race gear. It woud be difficut to predict the brand, model, or color that your boyfriend has in his unflexible mind. Instead, the suggestions about gift certificates for a local race shop or online retailer; track day with or without coaching; or race books, are all excellent ideas, and will be universally appreciated.

Good luck and happy holidays!
I'll second everything here... being single, even the sister part and I've already have most of my gear.

Really aim for one of the books mentioned above or a gift card from a race shop like OG Racing, etc. Get him something non-racing or car related also, you gotta keep him balanced 'cause this stuff can suck you in in a heartbeat.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Gift Certificate from Apex Performance

You can get a gift certificate from Apex Performance and use your Rennlist promocode to save, then let the recipient get whatever they need!

Here's our link:

http://www.apexperformance.net/prod-1710.htm

Plus, we are a Rennlist sponsor (support your sponsors!)

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I think gloves and shoes are a good gift that won't break the bank. I got Sparco shoes and gloves last year, and I found they were a surprisingly noticeable improvement over what I had been using before (sneakers and no gloves).

Otherwise, a gift certificate towards safety gear (seats, rollbar, harnesses, and HANS) could be nice if he is thinking about taking the dive to get that stuff. Unfortunately, while any of those individual components may only add up to a few hundred dollars, they're really best used all together, and the total cost (including installation) will probably run more than a set of tires.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Porsche911GF
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much, everyone. Your suggestions have helped. I'm thinking books and a gift certificate, since he is fairly particular. We live in the Seattle area, so probably 425 Motorsports, but I have a few more days to research. Today, he mentioned a roll cage. I'm hoping Santa follows through on that one.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
You can get a gift certificate from Apex Performance and use your Rennlist promocode to save, then let the recipient get whatever they need!

Here's our link:

http://www.apexperformance.net/prod-1710.htm

Plus, we are a Rennlist sponsor (support your sponsors!)
Love the pics of the customer cars May have to have you help me with a helmet.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM
bluetick
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're still thinking about it, you probably can't go wrong with a 1/2 inch torque wrench (from Northern Tools or Sears, among other places).
Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Karen England
Love the pics of the customer cars May have to have you help me with a helmet.

Karen - Give us a ring or email with questions!

Linda

Quick Reply: Track Gear From Santa?