Roebling

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Roebling

Fun track. Here is my fast lap. I know I am leaving a few seconds on the table. I'd like to work with a coach next time there. Sorry about the overlapping graphics.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Oh, Mark. LOTS of room for improvement.

More commitment needed in several places, most notably from end of braking to acceleration through T1 and more of a squirt into the brake zone for T2. You have no clear vision of what you're trying to do, especially through T2, which shows by your tentative throttle application (waiting for it to "snap"?) and the fact that you don't even track out left of center at the exit of T2!

Again, no clear vision of how to approach or position the car laterally through T3, too much "steady throttle" as in T1. Crabbing in at the entry of T4 and no urgency in the braking or transition to throttle application. Your hands get too close together through T4, which means you're getting tense... <grin>

Good exit from T4 and entry through T5 and into T5A, although you let off the throttle too soon. Good, decisive braking into T5A. First time in the lap. WAY too much time between end of braking and throttle pickup into T5A, maybe be going too deep and turning too much. Good line through T5A.

Lazy, LAZY throttle to brake application going into T6. No urgency at all. Plus, you're in too much of a hurry to come inside. You MUST be more pro-active with the throttle if you want the car to turn better at exiting the Carousel.

Good patience entering T9, then you crab in as the pit lane entrance ends and I can hear your hesitation to fully commit to throttle until you can see your way out.

You asked... <big grin>

I'm used to 1:10-1:11 in a small, slick shod, 150 bhp vintage sports racer, but started there in 1984 in a Ferrari Lusso at 1:30-1:32. It's a great track and a wonderful place to learn to go faster!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I will refer back to your comments my next time there!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, Roebling is a fun, high speed track! The old adage is "an easy track to learn, but a hard track to master!"

You can shave a fews secs off you lap for sure!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes I felt like I was over-slowing going into several turns. I look forward to pushing harder through 1,2, and 5 next time. I'm betting I can save a couple seconds just on those turns. I wish this track was closer as it is a fun one.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,293 Likes on 1,873 Posts

Just work on picking up the throttle sooner and move the car that way. Watch out for T5A!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Fun track. Here is my fast lap. I know I am leaving a few seconds on the table. I'd like to work with a coach next time there. Sorry about the overlapping graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z43uAqTZ8Q&sns=em
I was on track with you this weekend and agree with Mr. Krause. Commit on entry and exit.

Track awareness is great. Thanks for that!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, it really isn't bad. A few changes here and there and little more aggressiveness will quickly shave off a couple of seconds. You already have the key to Roebling and that is smoothness. You must be smooth to be fast here. Let me know next time you are here and I will be happy to jump in the car with you for a few laps.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Roger that would be great. I know I could learn from you. I've never seen a Miata get around there as fast as you wheel it!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Roger that would be great. I know I could learn from you. I've never seen a Miata get around there as fast as you wheel it!
Thanks man...very kind of you to say.

Quick Reply: Roebling