Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here comes the Hero 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TRG is an authorized GOPRO dealer, If you are interested in any of the new models shoot me a PM for special introductory pricing for Rennlist members!!

My GOPRO rep came in and showed me all the new models, pretty neat stuff!!
]
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
...or the Contour+2 for the GPS etc.
http://contour.com/....
Yes, but does the GPS work inside a closed roof sedan?

Marc
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Yes, but does the GPS work inside a closed roof sedan?

Marc
The GPS works on the windscreen, but I've not compared it for accuracy and effective sample rate, say to the AIM SmartyCam. I guess I could put all of 'em on the windscreen (aka windshield) and drive around the hills a bit for a bit of side-by-side. Hills and trees play havoc with GPS obviously enough. Everything seems to work perfectly just tootling along the freeway, but once you hit the track, it all gets a bit sketchy and choppy at speed unless you pay the $1000 for the SmartyCam (which has obvious advantages in integrated data acq, but it's still more of a consumer product than a pro data acq rig.)

I don't have the latest Contour ROAM2 (?) ... somehow I "lost" my GPS off my mountain bike ... maybe I can rationalize yet another bullet cam ...

The other thing is the battery is quick to swap in the Contour and three batteries, even in the cold, will run all day, just swap in a fresh 16GB itty-bitty SD with each battery.

Anyway, I think 60fps@720p would be great for track video. 1080p just makes for huge files and slow video editing processing times. (further digression: Stomp is a great way to bring videos down to manageable file sizes really quickly before doing editing, etc.)
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We had a Contour at work - quite buggy and we even exchanged it with a replacement but same problem. It would just stop for no reason when used on a bicycle handlebar. It seems they are quite sensitive to jarring. The Contour mounts aren't as good as the Gopro. In our experience the Gopro is the better product and has the most versitile range of mounts.

Quick Reply: Here comes the Hero 3