Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Grand Prix of Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

I think you meant Monza, not Imola. Last time Alonso was at Imola he was in a Renault.

The reaction from Alonso was normal if not emotional and that is to be expected when you envision milking a 29 point lead to the end. Today, after taking a look at the video, I believe Alonso realizes its just a racing incident and he can't afford anymore DNFs and hopes for 1 or 2 from Vettel
Old 10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
I think you meant Monza, not Imola. Last time Alonso was at Imola he was in a Renault.

The reaction from Alonso was normal if not emotional and that is to be expected when you envision milking a 29 point lead to the end. Today, after taking a look at the video, I believe Alonso realizes its just a racing incident and he can't afford anymore DNFs and hopes for 1 or 2 from Vettel
Oh yeah, you're right of course, it was Monza.

I agree about Alonso's reaction, I'm sure he said that before seeing the replays.

It's really just some folk here who seem to not see the incident for what it actually was. It was a shame for Alonso but as already said by multiple sources, a racing incident.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Oh yeah, you're right of course, it was Monza.

I agree about Alonso's reaction, I'm sure he said that before seeing the replays.

It's really just some folk here who seem to not see the incident for what it actually was. It was a shame for Alonso but as already said by multiple sources, a racing incident.
:P
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree with Finn, Fernando had Kimi squeezed on the line. Looking at the replays Alonso moves to the right slightly so there would be no reason for Kimi to back off. Alonso saw Button moving over and drove straight into Kimi's wing. I dont think its anyones fault really. In hindsight if Alonso held his line after moving right then all three drivers, Alonso/Kimi/Button would have made that corner.

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Prix of Japan