50.00%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Grand Prix of Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Another stupid move by Grosjean. Shame about Fernando's start, nobody's fault really just lots of squeezing. Must be very disappointing being an F1 driver travelling around the world to different tracks and not make it past the first corner.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 AM
gvtesse
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JET951
Another stupid move by Grosjean.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:14 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Congrats to Vettel for the win. No one was going to touch him today. Vettel in his Red Bull are winners in 3 of the last 4 years at Suzuka and 4 for 4 for podiums. Also, congrats to Massa, it's good to see the Brazilian finally get back on the podium after a 2 year absence. Finally it was awesome to see Kobayashi get his first podium in front of his countrymen.Talk about a good weekend for the Japanese driver and his fans.

Tough luck for Webber, Alonso and Rosberg for their first turn misfortunes, but it is racing and these things happen. Five more races to go and while Vettel has the momentum, this has been one crazy season and the Ferrari is mechanically more reliable than the Red Bull. The Championship between the Spaniard and the young German is on. Who will be the next three time WDC? Only time can tell.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Where is Kimi's penalty? He took the championship leader out. Unbelievable..
This race couldn't get any tighter.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Who the hell watches this stuff live anyway? What's the difference?
Fans do! The difference is the stuff you're watching is happening while you're watching it.

Don't be a ***** old man if your bedtime is at 8 pm...
(settle down, just messing with you...)

Great to see Koba get the podium at his home GP, Japanese folks are crazy F1 fans so it was nice to see!

Congrats to Vettel also, kinda lonely up there but did everything right.
WDC race is very much alive.

Nice drive from Massa too, might help him with next year's contract, Ferrari crew showed their colors though, after the race they looked like someone died...
Come on, at least pretend you're happy for Felipe.

Grosjean... Come on, he needs another vacation, that sucked for Webber.

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Where is Kimi's penalty? He took the championship leader out. Unbelievable...
I know you're a huge fan but I'm almost thinking you're kidding?
Kimi was kissing the edge of the track the whole way without moving (sideways) and Alonso moved to the left...
Alonso said he had no room on his right where Button was but there was plenty room there, if he had kept his line and didn't push Kimi to the grass, he might've had few more points now.
And even with the spin, had he not stalled the engine, he could've continued.
And of course then in typical DV fashion (which his fans seem to copy), bitching he had no room on his right etc. Take a look at the replays *****, you're the one who moved.
What it really was, as already said, was just a tight racing start situation.

Karma is a bitch.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I believe Raikkonen was not penalized because his contact with Alonso was a racing incident. Sure if someone wants to attach blame maybe Raikkonen takes 51% of the blame and Alonso takes the other 49%. Kimi was forced off of the track to the point where he lost control and when he re-entered the track he made contract with the Spaniard. Could he have avoided the incident by lifting? Sure he could have, but Kimi is a racer and lifting is not in his first nature (though we did see him lift to avoid contact with Hamilton later in the race when Hamilton came out of the pits). Yes Kimi could have lifted, but as FlyingFinn pointed out Alonso did have room on the right. This was a racing incident and I believe the stewards were correct for not penalizing the Iceman.

Grosjean ... well that was another matter. I like Grosjean, I think he has some talent. But he is just not dialed in at the race starts. Despite Webber's less than ideal start, I think the Aussie had a great chance of finishing second in the race due to the pace of the Red Bull at Suzuka, but Grosjean's first corner brain fart destroyed that.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:47 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Who the hell watches this stuff live anyway? What's the difference?
Vettel
Weber
Hammy

Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Alonso:
“I had no space on the right, I had Button I think on my left, I had Kimi… and I don’t understand why Kimi didn’t lift off or anything because there was not any room..."
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome race. Big congrats to Kobayashi. That must have been an awesome thing to do at a home race.

C.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Wow!! Lotsa stuff to talk about.

First, Kimi had a really bad weekend -- it ended up being his mistakes, but cost his rivals. First in Qualifying when he spun, he screwed every other racer except for Vettel and Webber.

Then in the race, he has contact, but it didn't hurt him and killed Alonso and probably Alonso's shot at a WDC. Racing incident that happens -- that's all.

Can someone tell Massa it's okay to race even when Alonso is on track? It seems there is a light switch that is turned on when Alonso retires from a race. Had not podiumed in 35 races???? in a Ferrari????? Someone give that seat to someone else, please. I don't care how he did today.

It's going to be hard to stop Vettel and RBR especially with that double DRS now. Unbelievably quick. To get that RBR to retire with a mechanical, someone has to push him. He was on cruise control.

Grojean. NASCAR might be in your future...
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pete,

I agree with you about Massa. It appears that if Alonso is on track Massa's desire is put into the Transporter.

I also agree about Grosjean, I see NASCAR in the future.

I would like to see Schumi try Indy racing. I bet Penske could tussle up a competitive car.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
The Ham sandwich is going to have his work cut out for him to podium what with his 9th on the grid start position. Barring reliability problems or a race start first corner accident, the two Red Bull cars will likely finish 1 - 2 in this race (Red Bull has done really well at this track the previous three years) and I think maybe even home town favorite Kobayashi will take the final podium position instead of the Ham sandwich. But it will most likely be Alonso who finishes 3rd. He has this knack for finishing near the top and collecting his points towards the championship. It should be interesting to see if Button and the Ham sandwich can make up for their less than ideal start positions.

Good call !
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

First off

Kobayashi!!!

Awesome in front of the home crowd!

Second... WTF Grojean?? You'd think he'd have a bit more restraint after sitting out a round

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
And even with the spin, had he not stalled the engine, he could've continued..
Stall? Kimi speared his rear tire or he probably would have continued.... certainly tight racing, but everyone moves over on each other at the start. Then sh*t happens, oh well

Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Stall? Kimi speared his rear tire or he probably would have continued.... certainly tight racing, but everyone moves over on each other at the start. Then sh*t happens, oh well
C'mon, don't you know, Lying Finn has selective vision. When it comes to Finnish drivers, "See no Evil, Hear no Evil".
Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Yeah, Alonso had a flat tire but he would've not been the first driver in F1 to limp back to pits to get fresh set of tires...
But since he stalled his engine, he couldn't do it.

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
C'mon, don't you know, Lying Finn has selective vision. When it comes to Finnish drivers, "See no Evil, Hear no Evil".
Whatever man, look at the photo from the start I posted and tell me about selective vision.
Even the Italian newspapers (who of course are very pro Ferrari) sprite it was racing incident.
Also Domenicali said the same.
But I'm sure your vision sees Button right next to Alonso and him not moving at all to squeeze Kimi to the grass.
Remember what happened when Alonso was squeezed on grass at Imola?
DV bitched and stewards gave Vettel a drive through.

As I said, Karma is a bitch. Glad to see Vettel getting right in Alonso's *** in the title hunt as it puts pressure on Alonso.

Last edited by Flying Finn; 10-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Prix of Japan