Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your preference ?
2 sprints Saturday 1 1/2 hour enduro Sunday 1 points race each day
43.75%
2 sprints Saturday sprint Sunday 1 hour enduro Sunday both points races Sunday
23.75%
2 sprints Saturday sprint Sunday 1 1/2 hour enduro Sunday both points races Sunday
15.00%
Something different than above
17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

PCA race weekend format preference

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I support the tweaking.

Each clubrace should aim at 3 total races per weekend, and never less than 2.

All races should be points races.

Championship points should be best out of 8. 9, or 10. I can see arguments for any number.

8 would require a minimum of 3 Races, and would allow for 1DNF.

9 would require either a finish in all races at 3 events or 4 races would allow for DNF's.

Best of 10 forces entry in at least 4 Race weekends.

This tweak would encourage all clubs to adopt 3 races per weekend. Reliability and participation is encouraged, and there is some allowance for DNF's etc.

I would give both drivers in Enduro's full points, ie no splitting.

Just my 2c.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Is Lime Rock the only PCA race weekend with only 2 races?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We made no effort to chase points this year as Tyler, my son and I have always shared enduro's for the last six years. I do think the penalty for sharing the enduro is a real negative aspect to the points system.

I also agree that racing for no points is a waste of money to those that are in the 'chase' for points. I could even see someone using a non-points race as a test session to get ready for the 'real' race.

Bill
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Topeka had 4 races. If all 4 were counted, that would be incentive for going there if you were limited in the number of events you could attend.

I didn't make the rules, but wonder if the reason for the split enduro is because of people bringing in a ringer?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Heartland Park/Topeka, became 4 races as there were no Rookies, so National made the Fun/Practice starts a race, which was great. 3 Races plus the fun/practice starts appears to be becoming the norm, which I support. I would even vote for more.

I agree with the potential ringer reasoning. A "ringer" could help in an enduro, to improve the position of the weaker driver. It would be kind of sad if someone brought in a "ringer/hot shoe" and let him/her run as much of the Enduro as possible just to benefit on points. I think that tactic would become apparant pretty quick. I for one wouldn't want that kind of reputation, ie taking credit/gaining points from another drivers abilities.

Hopefully PCA will look for feedback on the current points system and the Podium stickers, and perhaps make some changes for 2013.

Last edited by samluke; 10-11-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: PCA race weekend format preference