Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is your preference ?
2 sprints Saturday 1 1/2 hour enduro Sunday 1 points race each day
43.75%
2 sprints Saturday sprint Sunday 1 hour enduro Sunday both points races Sunday
23.75%
2 sprints Saturday sprint Sunday 1 1/2 hour enduro Sunday both points races Sunday
15.00%
Something different than above
17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

PCA race weekend format preference

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vampire
Maybe score the best 2 races of the weekend for each driver?
Now THAT is a GREAT idea.

Or better yet, the best of the two (or three) Sprints plus the Enduro.

That would get everybody out, racing hard, in every race.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:35 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe just change the rule so that you have to finish the race on the track for you time to count in the non points race.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:03 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 646 Likes on 326 Posts

Maybe score the best 2 races of the weekend for each driver?
so theoretically, you could have multiple 1st place winners?

This isn't time trials, its a race. I beat you or you beat me. If There were say 4 races, I won 2, you won 2...do we both get 1st place points for two races for the weekend??

As long as you go into the weekend knowing what the points races are...what's the problem?

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

I miss the "old" format

Friday: practice only
Saturday: warmup, qualifying, sprint race
Sunday, warmup, endro qualifying, enduro race

I find that having 3 or 4 races in a weekend just dilutes the whole experience. And I really miss the real qualifying sessions. There is something fun about the pressure to run one fast lap, and ideally on your first lap out.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the logic in differentiating between points and non-points races? Why not have all races in the weekend count as points carrying?

I personally think we should have as much racing as possible in the weekend. If Streak finds it too hard to keep up with the pace all the more fun for the rest of us (not that he was much of an issue for me - being behind me and all... Well, most of the time).

I also think enduros aren't enduros unless they are at least 90mins. And if that requires a fuel stop for you it probably means the same for everybody else in your class so it just becomes something else you have to get good at.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jittsl
What is the logic in differentiating between points and non-points races? Why not have all races in the weekend count as points carrying?

I personally think we should have as much racing as possible in the weekend. If Streak finds it too hard to keep up with the pace all the more fun for the rest of us (not that he was much of an issue for me - being behind me and all... Well, most of the time).

I also think enduros aren't enduros unless they are at least 90mins. And if that requires a fuel stop for you it probably means the same for everybody else in your class so it just becomes something else you have to get good at.
I soooo getting you deported!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:15 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
I soooo getting you deported!

Now, the smack down I would like to see is you going to Texas and trying to take him down on his home track. Love the good natured smack talk. There use to be lots of that here on RL. You go girls!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb

Now, the smack down I would like to see is you going to Texas and trying to take him down on his home track. Love the good natured smack talk. There use to be lots of that here on RL. You go girls!!!
He still has time to sign up for Summit Point if he thinks he can take me!

My new supercharger will take car of his straight line speed advantage :d
Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
so theoretically, you could have multiple 1st place winners?

This isn't time trials, its a race. I beat you or you beat me. If There were say 4 races, I won 2, you won 2...do we both get 1st place points for two races for the weekend??
How is that any different than now if there are 2 races and each get a first and second place (assuming there are the same number of cars behind us in both races)? We would each get 17 position points.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:56 PM
jittsl
Racer

Originally Posted by paradisenb

Would only seem fair given that a Texan (well a Texan Australian) holds the class record on his home track.

Come on down we've got two going down in October and both will probably have 20+ cars.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jittsl
Would only seem fair given that a Texan (well a Texan Australian) holds the class record on his home track.

Come on down we've got two going down in October and both will probably have 20+ cars.
VIR isn't my home track. C'mon up to Summit
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

How is that any different than now if there are 2 races and each get a first and second place (assuming there are the same number of cars behind us in both races)? We would each get 17 position points.
Because now there are points for ONLY 2 races total. In my scenario, there would be points for 4 races in a weekend (my two first places and your two first places). But, if you got first in all 4 races, and I got second, then there would be points for only 2 races (your best two races would be the same as my best two). This would mean the number of races that counted toward points totals from a weekend would be completely dependent on how people did in each race.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 38D
I miss the "old" format

Friday: practice only
Saturday: warmup, qualifying, sprint race
Sunday, warmup, endro qualifying, enduro race

I find that having 3 or 4 races in a weekend just dilutes the whole experience. And I really miss the real qualifying sessions. There is something fun about the pressure to run one fast lap, and ideally on your first lap out.
That's fine when you have 4 run groups like the big races, but the problem here is...what do you do when you only have 2 groups?

Saturday 20 min warmup, 20 min qualify, 40 min race is approx 90 min...times two groups is 3 hours. What do you do with the rest of the day?

I seriously can't comprehend that people don't like more racing. I always thought we went to a race weekend to race...maybe I'm missing something...
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PedroNole
How about Just once can we switch the run groups around so Red group isn't always the last to leave on Sundays?????
Sounds fine to me as long as the Red group is always first on track every morning.

Bill
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by comatb
Sounds fine to me as long as the Red group is always first on track every morning.
Ha! Yes! With the early enduro also comes the Friday 8AM practice, Sat 8AM quali, and Sunday 8AM warm-up.

Quick Reply: PCA race weekend format preference