Sponsored by:

NASA Nationals Mid Ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

^+1...

Perhaps a backhanded compliment but both of the cars were impressive from a performance and a drivers perspective. Love to know the real dyno numbers, if the GTS3 boxster put out as much HP as was being rumored, It would make a pretty formidable setup that bolts right into a SBox/GTS conversion!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

He's been banned from the interweb until my car is running.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Waco Racer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's working on a project for me too. Y'all let him be. ;-)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I just had my Sp996 on the dyno this afternoon. Next in line was a certain silver Boxster that runs GTS3. Hopefully the builder will report back to us soon on what he discovered...
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
You posted the same exact thing last year and we got nuthin'!!
Man, I can't get away with anything can I ? As for last year, 2011 Nationals....
Last year my comments would have been pretty negative and more regarding the way the incidents were handled. But the race director and officials posted letters to the participants that they would address those issues and changes would be made for this year, so I left it alone and never commented. Video was available on line so you could form your own opinions on what had happened.

Scott Good did a great job in implementing those changes this year and thus there was much less contact going on and the contact that did happen was dealt with. I commend Scott on a job well done.

As for this years results...... now that I am finally getting caught back up ......I am checking a couple of things on the Boxster,both on the dyno and mechanically with the car, and will report in the next day or two as I have time to. Sorry if it's not quick enough for some of you but I have other work to attend to that takes priority over posting on any forum,and I do also have a life.

Oh, and I guess a few people have had some questions regarding this, or maybe hasn't been clear enough, so just to be clear, I am not the "team" owner, nor driver, I am just the car builder, and have been the crew chief handling both the GTS4 996 "171", and the GTS3 986 Boxster S "172" since both cars were built.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J richard
^+1...

Perhaps a backhanded compliment but both of the cars were impressive from a performance and a drivers perspective. Love to know the real dyno numbers, if the GTS3 boxster put out as much HP as was being rumored, It would make a pretty formidable setup that bolts right into a SBox/GTS conversion!
I will scan dyno sheets, to show real numbers for you, lord knows I've spent enough time on the dyno, both before Nationals, AT NATIONALS, and after Nationals !

Oh, and I'll take the compliment regardless of backhanded or not, they are impressive numbers for both the 3.2 liter Boxster and Jay's 996. I'm finally figuring out what these motors really like to make big power.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
He's been banned from the interweb until my car is running.
Have fun at Hallett this weekend !
Now can I post ? ? ?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Waco Racer
He's working on a project for me too. Y'all let him be. ;-)
Will call you tomorrow to discuss a few things.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by magnetic1
Dunno about others but it wasn't random for me. My dyno at home was 282. Last event at MidO was around 286, this time I was 283. I ran 75# heavy just in case. Wasn't needed since I had an ignition coil failure mid race
Dyno wasn't random, we ran heavy also, in the end it still didn't help. Long story soon to come.

Good seeing you over the weekend Wonger, still laughing at your fire system "issue" , funny, but not funny at the same time. Now that it's over and nothing bad happened it's a great funny story you can tell your grand kids someday.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by magnetic1
Couple issues. One included dyno
Only issue was dyno.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Didn't you dyno it on one of our fantastic 105 deg days in extreme humidity? Do you think that it read higher up there? Cooler denser air? They do use SAE corrected right?
Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
magnetic1
Racer

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Good seeing you over the weekend Wonger, still laughing at your fire system "issue" , funny, but not funny at the same time. Now that it's over and nothing bad happened it's a great funny story you can tell your grand kids someday.
Definitely good seeing you as well as Jay and Sharon. The fire thing was pretty funny after the fact.

Quick Reply: NASA Nationals Mid Ohio?