Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Anyone need a co-driver?

-mike
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only a week away, so I'm starting to get antsy.

There are 82 cars registered for the sprints for the race, and 65 DE. It's been really quite on-line too. Seems odd to me, but it is what it is.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona - A Perspective

Originally Posted by MarkM
Only a week away, so I'm starting to get antsy.

There are 82 cars registered for the sprints for the race, and 65 DE. It's been really quite on-line too. Seems odd to me, but it is what it is.
Mark, yes "it is what it is" unfortunately. Summit-108 and Hallett -89. The old adage "build it and they will come" no longer applies to Daytona. The only way we have been able to sustain the event is with the DE participation but that seems to be the case at other venues also. Hate to see this happen at such an historic venue. PCA Club Racing worked diligently for years to secure our place at Daytona. And we had solid turn out the first two years (245 and 162). Now without the DE it would not happen. I'm not sure what the answer is but would like to hear some input. Our title sponsors have been great and the support we have received from Brumos Porsche these last two years has been tremendous. So here we are less than a week away from the start of our 6th Daytona Club Race knowing that it will be another memorable event. Thanks to all the volunteers and racers who make it happen.

Quick Reply: Oktoberfast Daytona- - Who's in?