Sponsored by:

Only at a Nascar Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Only at a Nascar Race

I hope they caught the son of a gun that did this.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NASCA...ome/moresports
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Wow. What a jackwagon. Human nature is great...except sometimes for the humans.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

What was that about Danica's drag bar?
So many jokes, so many inappropriate jokes.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

That sucks.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

I was at the track, and she actually drove a hell of a good race. Who knows if the shoe broke her suspension, but either way, a completely retarded move from one of the attendees.

BTW, speaking of completely retarded, Jacques Villeneuve, was by a mile the fatest car and driver on track yesterday. He was in company of some really good road racers too - sucks to get the Chrome Horn on the last lap and go from 1st to 3rd "just because you can". That's idiocy, not racing.

PS - the green/white/checker format, as everyone is fueled for the pre-determined number of schduled laps - what a crock. More time to head to commercial and flog Mountain Dew and Progressive Insurance, I guess. A rule designed by a 5-year old. Or maybe one of the France kids?

PPS - NASCAR's penchant (yeah, they would need a dictionary) for Yellow flags is laughable. It takes them 10 minutes to find our how to move one of their POS cars out of the way. I swear, hook it up by the wheel/suspension and drag it, kicking screaming and sparking out of the F'in way. Completely ridiculous. See comment above about commercial breaks.

Other than that, it was a beautiful day for racing...

Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Silly Canadians have been throwing shoes everywhere.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Probably thrown by one of the NASCRASH officials...makes the racing more exciting ya know...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:37 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
I was at the track, and she actually drove a hell of a good race. Who knows if the shoe broke her suspension, but either way, a completely retarded move from one of the attendees.

BTW, speaking of completely retarded, Jacques Villeneuve, was by a mile the fatest car and driver on track yesterday. He was in company of some really good road racers too - sucks to get the Chrome Horn on the last lap and go from 1st to 3rd "just because you can". That's idiocy, not racing.

PS - the green/white/checker format, as everyone is fueled for the pre-determined number of schduled laps - what a crock. More time to head to commercial and flog Mountain Dew and Progressive Insurance, I guess. A rule designed by a 5-year old. Or maybe one of the France kids?

PPS - NASCAR's penchant (yeah, they would need a dictionary) for Yellow flags is laughable. It takes them 10 minutes to find our how to move one of their POS cars out of the way. I swear, hook it up by the wheel/suspension and drag it, kicking screaming and sparking out of the F'in way. Completely ridiculous. See comment above about commercial breaks.

Other than that, it was a beautiful day for racing...

Villineuve was more villain than victim, and had no place to be whining.

https://rennlist.com/forums/9776278-post94.html
Old 08-19-2012, 10:44 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe

I can't help but think that when #30 got spun and "couldn't get the car started" he knew that Villineueve was out front and low on fuel. That's always a fun race to watch....too bad that the ringers that show for that race only sometimes mess it up for those competing for the championship.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe

Note the difference, Tagliani was visibly overdriving and on his way to sideways on his own without any help. Not even close to Villeneuve's pace.

Not JV fan at all, and he probably does not deserve the Nationwide Courteous Drover award. Just bummed at sitting in the stands for 4 hours watching (insert non-factor in the race name here) take the flag.

If you thought Algaier was actually in the race at any moment, say in the top 5, then I guess we have different standards.

Cheers!

Matt
Old 08-19-2012, 11:06 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shame, it would have been a popular win for Tag or Jacques, whatever the circumstance.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Note the difference, Tagliani was visibly overdriving and on his way to sideways on his own without any help. Not even close to Villeneuve's pace.

Not JV fan at all, and he probably does not deserve the Nationwide Courteous Drover award. Just bummed at sitting in the stands for 4 hours watching (insert non-factor in the race name here) take the flag.

If you thought Algaier was actually in the race at any moment, say in the top 5, then I guess we have different standards.

Cheers!

Matt
Don't disagree with you much at all. Villeneuve, Hornish, Tagliani, and Danica all deserved a shot at winning the race more than Algaier. Pity DP's car fell apart, as a race between her and Jacque lePuntier would have been a good one to watch. Algaier was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by mglobe; 08-19-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: so that it vaguely resembled the English language
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually,

I heard Bernie was there since F1 is on hiatus. He was trying out a new way to make the races exciting since the water sprinkler idea was shot down.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Actually,

I heard Bernie was there since F1 is on hiatus. He was trying out a new way to make the races exciting since the water sprinkler idea was shot down.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Won't argue that he was the class of the field...or at least of the cars that were still running. My father was actually a really big fan of his and I watched him a good bit growing up and think he's great, however what happened to him was exactly what he did to Danica last week at Road America. In too deep, axle hop and the car in front is the innocent victom. Sucks it came back to bite him because he did deserve the win Sunday but it is what it is.

Quick Reply: Only at a Nascar Race