Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012 | 02:31 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Its NASCAR. When in Rome........
Old 08-08-2012 | 03:23 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

As a big fan of Pat's I hope he does well! I don't have enough experience following NASCAR road course races to know how much of the results come down to equipment.. but if anyone can bring a sub-par car up through the field it'll be him.

It seems to me like a lot of the time will simply come from road course testing and knowing how to get the car setup properly.

-mike
Old 08-08-2012 | 03:26 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

I'm especially happy to watch PL in this race: my region's three-day DE at WGI was cancelled to allow the track to make repairs that NASCAR wanted done....
Old 08-08-2012 | 03:38 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I'm a big fan of Patrick and want to see him do well in the worst way, but I fear the equipment he's jumping in will not give him the opportunity to really show his talents.

Enough of the drivers with the top teams have devoted enough attention over the last 5+ years to getting better at road racing that it's very hard for a ringer to come in these days and beat them in sub-par equipment...
But then the NSACAR fans can't say "look how poorly F1/ALMS/Road Racer etc. etc. is doing against NARCAR guys...

Give Pat fatso's car and couple of weeks to practice & set-it up for Glen and he'll be in top 10 any day.
Old 08-08-2012 | 04:06 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Is PL the bad boy of NASCAR hired guns for road courses? Is he the enforcer, executioner?

Regardless, I'll be watching the race at the Glen
Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Think WWF....
maybe we should chip in and buy Pat a cape and mask like PT?
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2012 | 04:13 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I'm a big fan of Patrick and want to see him do well in the worst way, but I fear the equipment he's jumping in will not give him the opportunity to really show his talents.

Enough of the drivers with the top teams have devoted enough attention over the last 5+ years to getting better at road racing that it's very hard for a ringer to come in these days and beat them in sub-par equipment.

None the less I'm hoping he can still make a strong showing.
TRG is supporting him and the car at WG so I have no doubt the car will be ready to rock-n-roll tomorrow.

It looks like SpeedTV will air the practices Friday at 9 & 4 EST, and qual on Saturday at 11:30 EST. ESPN has the race Sunday at noon again EST.....
Old 08-08-2012 | 04:45 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

TRG is supporting him and the car at WG so I have no doubt the car will be ready to rock-n-roll tomorrow.

It looks like SpeedTV will air the practices Friday at 9 & 4 EST, and qual on Saturday at 11:30 EST. ESPN has the race Sunday at noon again EST.....
he's driving for Inception Motorsports, didn't they buy the assets of TRG's NASCAR program?
Old 08-08-2012 | 09:03 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
he's driving for Inception Motorsports, didn't they buy the assets of TRG's NASCAR program?
Don't know. The enty list on NASCAR's page lists TRG as his sponsor and Toyota as his car. Hmmm.....

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/22/index.html
Old 08-08-2012 | 09:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Patrick's post-race interview at 2:52. Typical classy behavior by PL.

Old 08-08-2012 | 09:34 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

I hope you are right as I will be pulling for him. That #30 car is 35th in points, highest finish all year has been 18th and They have failed to qualify for three races. They also did not even attempt to qualify for the Infineon race in June and chose to skip that event.
Old 08-08-2012 | 09:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Streak
That's a block by PCA rules. He should have been black flagged.
Good thing this is suppossed to be big boy racing and not club racing. IN PCA Long would have got a 13/13

F1 rules: One move... that's what he did (I know, its NASCAR, but I thought I'd get those NASCAR homers something). .

Logano said it right in the interview that Long was out braking him. If one looks at the video, Logano gaps PL in the esses and then goes defensive way before PL even gets to the corner. Long simply went right through him. There was NO ROOM to go underneath. Good strategy by Logano, Long didn't get away with what he thought he could.
Old 08-08-2012 | 10:09 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Joey hit some of Pat's pit crew after that? WTF?
Old 08-09-2012 | 02:09 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Pat getting some practice on the simulator, when he wasn't busy texting with Chad
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2012 | 04:01 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
Pat getting some practice on the simulator, when he wasn't busy texting with Chad
Some very funny texts at that! Haha
Old 08-09-2012 | 07:20 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Will be watching!

Quick Reply: Patrick Long's NASCAR Debut @The Glen