Sponsored by:

Patrick Long's NASCAR Debut @The Glen

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
I'm a big fan of Patrick and want to see him do well in the worst way, but I fear the equipment he's jumping in will not give him the opportunity to really show his talents.

Enough of the drivers with the top teams have devoted enough attention over the last 5+ years to getting better at road racing that it's very hard for a ringer to come in these days and beat them in sub-par equipment.

None the less I'm hoping he can still make a strong showing.
+1
Even if I don't like Nascar their top drivers are excellent, and it takes a lot of tech expertise to move a 3600lb race-car at speeds over 200mph
Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Would love to see Patrick do well at the Glen. Heck, I'll be happy if they mention him and his involvement with Porsche. Always good to see a PCAer do well.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I'm honestly not sure what I think about that "punt", as it is often difficult to make a call from just one camera angle. I'm ambivalent about Logano, but honestly I'm not sure I would do better than that on a post-race interview after losing in last turn. Can't wait to see Patrick run with the big boys this weekend!
Looked to me like Logano (punk) slowed more than Patrick (demigod who walks among us) expected and Pat tried to go a little inside to avoid but there just wasn't room.

I'm calling it a brake check on punkboy.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,011 Likes on 1,781 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Looked to me like Logano (punk) slowed more than Patrick (demigod who walks among us) expected and Pat tried to go a little inside to avoid but there just wasn't room.

I'm calling it a brake check on punkboy.
Your joking right? Either that or objectivity is lost. You may be a fan of Patrick Long, and you may not like Logano, but you've got to look at this with impartial eyes.

Patrick Long absolutely, positively punted him on the last corner and should have been penalized. I don't give a **** about NASCAR, but will watch Infinion and WG. Logano went defensive into the last corner to prevent Long from dive bombing. Long plain and simply crashed him out. Total bull****.

Did you see the telemetry and are certain he brake checked him?

Long knows better and did it on purpose because "he can". NASCAR loves that **** and doesn't do anything about it. Guaranteed if it was some other race series that would give you a 20 second penalty for spinning out the lead car on the last corner of the last lap then he would have stayed out of his rear bumper.

That's the first time I heard Logano speak and got to give him credit for not going Kyle Busch on everyone....
Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Your joking right? Either that or objectivity is lost. You may be a fan of Patrick Long, and you may not like Logano, but you've got to look at this with impartial eyes.

Patrick Long absolutely, positively punted him on the last corner and should have been penalized. I don't give a **** about NASCAR, but will watch Infinion and WG. Logano went defensive into the last corner to prevent Long from dive bombing. Long plain and simply crashed him out. Total bull****.

Long knows better and did it on purpose because "he can". NASCAR loves that **** and doesn't do anything about it. Guaranteed if it was some other race series that would give you a 20 second penalty for spinning out the lead car on the last corner of the last lap then he would have stayed out of his rear bumper.

That's the first time I heard Logano speak and got to give him credit for not going Kyle Busch on everyone....
I guess you did not watch the whole thing..... He WAS penalized, and the win was taken away. What you do not see, is the laps before that when Joey was getting into him. He derserved it.

That is what I call "Shooting your mouth off before your brain is loaded"
Old 08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
drbooba1
Instructor

He did it because he was punted three times during his run in the summer of 2009 while in first place and it was okay if you were a up coming brother of some established NASCAR driver. Even Richard Childress said he should not of been penalized and should receive a warning like the others. Joey was just playing up the hit, he didn't see anything wrong with it the time he punted Pat.
regards
Old 08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Never speak ill of Pat again. Ever.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

As I said, I never watch NASCAR, but I watched the Youtube clip that was put up on this incident in this thread and it made no mention of a penalty.

I think we can all agree that PL did it on purpose. I don't see where Logano was brake checking. I'm shocked that NASCAR penalized him. Isn't this what they want? Maybe because Long is not a NASCAR regular? IDK, it's hard to figure them out -- I'm looking at this as being a serious race, not made for TV "show"....
Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Wasn't it PL who punted another make of car in the chicane at Baltimore last year? That was payback for some issue in a previous race I think I read--maybe even team orders. It would be cool to know what PL thinks of these incidents.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is PL the bad boy of NASCAR hired guns for road courses? Is he the enforcer, executioner?

Regardless, I'll be watching the race at the Glen
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is PL the bad boy of NASCAR hired guns for road courses? Is he the enforcer, executioner?

Regardless, I'll be watching the race at the Glen
Think WWF....
Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with NASCAR and grand am is they do not have the ***** at times to be fair in penalizing big teams. How many races back in the day did Earnhardt Sr rough a guy up and go on to win on the last lap with out any consequence. I saw Jeff Gordon do the same at Martinsville years ago in person, and he went on to win with no penalty. Or the Ginassi giant of grand am that can take cars out both in GT And DP and not even get a stop and go. Big Money always wins. NASCAR is smart about the bottom line.

Not to side Track the conversation but go Pat!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

I'm a firm believer in "Bumping". I will give you the first 4 blocks "Free", after that be prepared, because you are leaving me no other choice to get by your slow ***.....

(I only do this in Chumpcar, I would never do that in my own Porsche).
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I've rewatched the video a few times. It's pretty obvious that Logano throws out the anchor. PL is closing on him in a hurry coming into the last turn, and had he been in front he would have gapped him in a bit way going through and out of the turn. But I'm still not sure that it wasn't a punt (intentional or otherwise) on Pat's account.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Logano was running with PL exceptionally well in the race. NASCAR may or may not be your thing, but these guys can clearly dirve. It would be fun to see some of them run GT class in ALMS.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
I've rewatched the video a few times. It's pretty obvious that Logano throws out the anchor. PL is closing on him in a hurry coming into the last turn, and had he been in front he would have gapped him in a bit way going through and out of the turn. But I'm still not sure that it wasn't a punt (intentional or otherwise) on Pat's account.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Logano was running with PL exceptionally well in the race. NASCAR may or may not be your thing, but these guys can clearly dirve. It would be fun to see some of them run GT class in ALMS.
That's a block by PCA rules. He should have been black flagged.

Quick Reply: Patrick Long's NASCAR Debut @The Glen