Classic Porsche Racing in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012 | 09:46 AM
dhmotorsport
5th Gear

Default Classic Porsche Racing in the UK

Hi all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been reading these forums for a while now to catch up on all things Porsche racing over your side of the pond, I thought you might be interested in some videos from over here in the UK.

I've been campaigning a 924 in the UK for a couple of years now, having struggled for reliability for a while the car is now going strong. I run it in 2 different championships over here. The first is the British Racing and Sports Car Club Porsche Championship which has 2 classes, the top class for Boxster S (similar to your SPB) and the class I'm in is for the venerable 924, the cars run 140bhp and weigh about 1000kg (2,200lbs) The second is the Classic Sports Car Club which run 2 driver races of 40mins (or 2 x 30min races with 1 driver per race) for sports and GT cars from the 70's, 80's and 90's. In that I share the driving with an old friend of mine by the name of Steve Miller (not of blues fame) who I've been coaching since he started racing a couple of years ago. Plenty of old Porsche's in those races.

Anyway, enjoy, here is the link to my youtube page with the in car videos http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidHornsey

I've been keeping a close eye on the forums as our plan is to sell the 924 this year and build a 996 into a race car similar to the Spec996 you guys run.

All the best and happy viewing.

David

Quick Reply: Classic Porsche Racing in the UK