Sponsored by:

IMG's Event at NJMP Lightning: HPDE/TT/Races July 14-15

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
MrFukengruven
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMG's Event at NJMP Lightning: HPDE/TT/Races July 14-15

Just a heads up to guys in the Northeast area and nearby regions looking for track days, etc. The Independent Motorsports Group (IMG) is hosting their "Heat Lightning" weekend event on July 14-15, 2012, at NJMP Lightning Circuit. There is HPDE/Time Trialing, and for racers, the Sprint Races (and their new series, ETC European Touring Car):

Don't miss out!

Registration for NJMP with IMG

Independent Motorsports Group

IMG is a very well run organization, and it is really starting to pick up speed in terms of popularity. Charlie Greenhaus is the head of IMG, and has decades of experience running organizations and racing behind the wheel. He told me his main focus was to have a fun, adrenaline-packed event, while keeping costs down and being very strict about any car-to-car contact. They have many Porsche and BMW enthusiasts/racers as well as others who will vouch for them that they run great events. Clean driving and maximum fun are their main goals.

I just wanted to help spread the word as I personally attended their Lime Rock event on May 28th, and it was incredible. IMG have some of the nicest people around, and Charlie made sure that the event performed beyond my expectations. Everything was positive and easy going, safe, and fun, which in my opinion is ideal when doing track days/racing.
A few photos from their last event at Lime Rock on 5/28:

HPDE/TT sessions:

Race Group sessions:

Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

So many race op's but so little time......I heard they run nice events. Curious how they classify the diverse range of cars that participate?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
MrFukengruven
Track Day

Darn, I think your 968 would look pretty darn good in the field of race cars at this event

(Taken from their site):
"In order to allow a wide variety of cars to participate, cars are classed using a points-based classing system called the IMG Performance Index. Here's how it works: All vehicles start in a base class with a minimum competition weight. As modifications are made or as weight is removed, each car will accrue points based on the type and extent of the modification. Once you exceed a certain number of modification points, your car will be bumped to the next class. Race cars prepared for other sanctioning bodies' rules are welcome to run in IMG races. Many popular classes fit right into an existing Performance Index class via our class equivalency rules."

Their ETC European Touring Car series is based upon a principle of having any european car at a minimum of 11 pounds per wheel horsepower (with driver) on DOT-R tires (R6's, RA-1's, etc.). Non-DOT tires such as slicks call for a weight penalty, so it is 12.0 lbs./whp for those cars. It does not matter where the cars are from. They might in fact have a Volvo S60 ex-STCC car and a 2001 Audi S4 SCCA ITE car run with them in ETC at this event to run against the Porsches and BMWs that attended their Memorial Day Lime Rock event. It is nice to see cars other than just Porsches and BMWs running against each other, hence the name 'European'. Lots of PCA guys on here attended the event and can vouch for IMG that they are a great organization.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
MrFukengruven
Track Day

Online Registration ends tonight at 11:59PM. Sign up now or at the track

Quick Reply: IMG's Event at NJMP Lightning: HPDE/TT/Races July 14-15