V8 Supercars - the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
That was funny as hell.

I don't believe they were ever planning to run the series here. Just one race/yr at COTA like they do a Abu Dabi.
Agreed. Funny as hell in car video.

The V8 Supercars are a blast to watch. Some of, if not the best, racing out there right now: Relative parity in cars, multiple tire compounds and apparently the drives self police themselves fairly.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I love V8 Supercars and am glad it's catching on in the US.

I think the multi-race sprint format keeps the racing exciting. I wish there were more pro sprint race series for sports cars. Wouldn't it be great if the ALMS had a GT only 30 minute sprint? The best racers could just go for it with no concerns about pit strategy, driver changes, etc.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

^^^^really good point on the sprint format, would be way more interesting in other series, imagine it in F1?! Think of how much more interesting qualifying got with the heat elimination format.

I just get nervous anytime NASCAR Gets their hands in anything, its never a good thing...
Old 07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
flink
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're talking about running the v8 supercars in the US soon (http://www.racer.com/australias-v8-s...rticle/206521/). They've done a few races in Dubai.

I used to track my '06 GTO (
). It was difficult - heavy, powerful, skinny tires, hell on brakes.

I don't think the v8 supercars have much in common with the Ford/Holden production cars.

Here's a thread from a few years ago when one guy went around one of the shops there with a camera - lots of v8 supercar parts ****: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255474

Quick Reply: V8 Supercars - the best?