Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Unfortunately only 7 cups allowed...
Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KMW
Pirelli GT3 Cup USA West is going to the F1 United States Grand Prix Support Race:
Good decision, it'll bring friends to town and be a solid spectator event. I've not read of any races so a 997 Cup may take the first checker at COTA in front of a sizable crowd.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last slot on the Pirelli Cup schedule has been TBA for sooo long, we finally got the "shhhh" word last week from the series operator that the deal has been secured. Hopefully the track gets completed and hopefully it doesnt fall prey to the things that sometimes happen at big opening events.

2008, first race at NJMP was the Grand-AM weekend, first session Scott pruet spins through the esses and reveals a wickedly dangerous armco barrier placement when he shears his car in half and almost did the same to himself. We were shut down for the day and the event almost canceled. They ened up lenghtening the armco making it much safer.

2011 Baltimore, last year at the ALMS Baltimore Grand Prix our first day was cut short due to the track not being complete, the entire event was questionable for a while but ended up going quite well.

I really hope the COTA people are on top of their game and have everything done in time.

I hope greg and his Pirelli cup staff are ready as well, we usually have 9 to 11 cars at each Pirelli Cup event this year, Guys are going to come out of the wood work to do this event, I was told they needed to have 26 entries to secure the support race spot, thats more than double the cars they are used to handling and most of them will be new to the series and procedures. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:21 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, have you seen How much money they want for the race??? That's about $2,500 more than GT3 Challenge race at Montreal Gran Prix....
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent seen the final #, but i know early talks were saying 10K.

Quick Reply: A view of COTA turn 1, looking downhill