Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm there. 997 #997.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm going to miss one for the first time in a long time. I'm off to Hallett to race this weekend.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I'm going to miss one for the first time in a long time. I'm off to Hallett to race this weekend.
I'll be at Hallett also, too many of my cars are going to the NASA event so I must go. While I hate to miss a LSR PCA event, I sure do love the Hallett track and the family that runs the track, always great fun !
Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm there... #218.

Originally Posted by mglobe
Too bad... We coulda tried to go offroading again Good Luck at the race!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there as well in my 997 Turbo (#983). Hopefully the cooler air that's moving through Austin will make its way out to College Station this weekend.

Name:  AKytp.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  114.8 KB
Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how was it ?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It was great. Difficult weekend for me, but great.

I had a mechanical after the first set on Saturday. Had a cut in my oil line that ran to my oil cooler. Spent the rest of Sat trying to rig up a replacement. Thanks to harbor freight and tiremax I was able to get my car running right about dinner time.

Sunday was much better. Rode with West during the first instructors set which was a total hoot! Drove the morning in blue (solo), and drove the 1st afternoon session in yellow for my check ride. Qualified for yellow and decided to call it a weekend, ending on a high note.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

I'll echo dizzy's comments: another great event by the folks from the LSR. Amazing instruction, perfect venue, and lots of friendly people. Here's some video of my last run in Blue (Solo) on Sunday; after an entire weekend of managing to stay on the track I had an embarrassing (but harmless) low-speed excursion into the grass off T10 (fast-forward to 7 minutes)...

Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
preetham
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time with my Spyder. Improved my lap times by 6 sec over the weekend thanks to my instructor. I got to ride in his car which made a big difference. Puts things in perspective. Even if i run Solo, i am going to make it a point to ride with an instructor at least once in all events. Went from 2:09 lap times to 2:03\05 after.

As always the LSP PCA team put together a great event. Always a fun group of people all around.
I am not sure if this event had a lot more Blue participants than others. This is my 3rd and just seems more than the previous two. As the below video shows, I think we have multiple trains running at an given time on track. I did get to work on my passing and positioning myself to passing faster cars on the high speed straights though. That was a good experience.

Cant wait for the next round of instruction. I still need to work on T9-8. I think i scrub off too much speed going uphill.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Shivatron
Instructor

Originally Posted by preetham
Cant wait for the next round of instruction. I still need to work on T9-8. I think i scrub off too much speed going uphill.
Totally agree; I definitely could be pushing harder into 7 -- I just don't want to get into a situation where I carry too much speed and get shot off at track out. Something to work on next time...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ya, blue had some very traintastick moments, but was still fun. The yellow run group, as expected, dealt with traffic management much better. And it did seem like a smaller run group.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Sorry I missed one, y'all!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by preetham
Had a great time with my Spyder. Improved my lap times by 6 sec over the weekend thanks to my instructor. I got to ride in his car which made a big difference. Puts things in perspective. Even if i run Solo, i am going to make it a point to ride with an instructor at least once in all events. Went from 2:09 lap times to 2:03\05 after.

As always the LSP PCA team put together a great event. Always a fun group of people all around.
I am not sure if this event had a lot more Blue participants than others. This is my 3rd and just seems more than the previous two. As the below video shows, I think we have multiple trains running at an given time on track. I did get to work on my passing and positioning myself to passing faster cars on the high speed straights though. That was a good experience.

Nice improvement for a weekend! Did you drive the open track day on Friday? This was a blast and unfortunately, I could not do the weekend. I made some changes on Friday and got into 2:06 / 07 very consistently and would have benefited from some instructions to fully take advantage of some of the changes that already worked well on Friday.

See you next time!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a video from the white run group on Sunday. Two laps which begin with a really stupid romp through the mud in T15. I was running on street tires for the first time in years and was really struggling with initial turn-in. So here I come charging down the straight at 154 (don't know why Harry's LTP is always off on the speedo, but trust me, I'm always b/w 152 and 154 at the end of the straight in the CW config). Anyway... those front tires grabbed at an unexpected moment and all of a sudden I was darting straight down to the grass just before the pit-out. Too late to correct with steering, so I just rode the brakes, stayed on them thru the first piece of grass, but lifted as I put two wheels off into the mud after the pit out, and then back on them hard again to make the save. It was twice as hairy in the car as looks in the video!! The rest is a bunch of crappy driving because I was too busy checking my underwear for a good two laps after that! LOL!

Quick Reply: lsrpca DE at TWS 6/9/12?