Sponsored by:

Pileup in the Wreck E30 Class (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

jaje,

It's also clear form the video that the #9 car comes forward and then over on the camera car. You can see that because of the car suddenly appears in the camera's field of view moving ahead and then over into the camera car. The #9 car had not completed a pass and had no right to the space occupied by the camera car. It's not like the camera car drove into the #9 car.

Scott
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Video from the guy who made it through on the left:

From the neapoliton colored car in front of the camera car video above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ol-D...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-24-2012, 04:07 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Wow!! You must be looking at a different video. If you are not, well, I don't want you being a race steward when I am on the track.

Look at where the #93 car is in relation to the camera car when the #9 car hits the camera car. The distance is less than half a car length and the #9 car CAN'T be more than half a car length ahead since he too is behind the #93 car.

Scott

-------------------------------------------

jaje,

It's also clear form the video that the #9 car comes forward and then over on the camera car. You can see that because of the car suddenly appears in the camera's field of view moving ahead and then over into the camera car. The #9 car had not completed a pass and had no right to the space occupied by the camera car. It's not like the camera car drove into the #9 car.

Scott
So let me get this straight...the camera car (I assume is #93 as they do not have a number on his dashboard view) is being passed by the #9 on the outside? I can't tell b/c I've not see any video of where they are in relation to entering or exiting the corner. I then looked at the two subsequent videos posted from following cars farther back in the pack. Anyone have a camera of the immediate following cars as they have the best perspective? The only really useful camera shot is the camera car (#93) but it has such a narrow field of view and you can hardly see if anyone is next to you unless they are within inches of the camera car front of the front fenders. That is one thing I've learned is to have proper video angle to see the action in review (for analysis and protest purposes as well).

So I was assuming the #93 camera car was the one passing on the inside on the #9 car. You have to come to the conclusion that reviewing something in a vacuum with limited information, well leads to varying results. Anyway my conclusion was based on #93 being the passing car and they did not give the #9 room when passing as they are only allowed 3/4 width in the corner (the passing car will have to put its inside wheels upon the apex or in the dirt) - which they didn't do and contact resulted.

I'm more than fair with my racers and ask that they prove me wrong if they don't agree. Hell I am not perfect and open to seeing all the evidence provided before making a decision. I'm open to changing my initial determination as well if someone provides new evidence. Our rules are built in with time to review and gather. Drivers must submit their protest w/in 30 minutes of the race and all results are not final until 30 days after the event for the final binding decision. You can even suggest appointment of an independent review board as well.

Trying to look at this the other way with the #9 being the passing car I can't tell much from this video due to the again the lack of 180 camera view. He could have had his whole car in front at one point thereby winning the corner. But from what is written here on the forum it sounds like the #9 did not compete his pass properly and came down on the line. However that begs a question of whether the #93 could have gone a little further track left to avoid contact altogether. He would have owned the corner at the exit and provided the #9 car a 3/4 width at track out (losing proposition there).
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

NASA

Quick Reply: Pileup in the Wreck E30 Class (video)