2012 Grand Prix of Bahrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ferrari has great stops, having copied Mercedes attached lug...interesting that all the teams except McLaren.

Ferrari also had good starts, gaining their positions that their race pace prevents.

Apart from that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Curious to see exactly what changes RBR did to the car for this race.
It also looks like the Mercedes Dual F duct may not be worth it.

Great to have Kimi back.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Way to go Kimi!!! So close to getting Vettel. McLaren...damn what a crappy weekend.

C
Old 04-22-2012, 05:20 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Nico kept using the same move so he must have thought it was ok. I personally thought it was garbage to move like that but I'm not expecting to get a call to sit in on the stewards meeting any time soon. Nice job Lotus, they really have their act together, credit to them for getting two seriously competitive drivers who can help to develop the car.

I really hope we are not looking at another RBR championship. My vote for Spain - ABBV.

From Autosport.com
"The stewards looked into the matter and decided that because Rosberg had moved to the right to defend his position in a 'constant and continuous straight line manner' and because Hamilton was not alongside Rosberg as he began that move that the German did nothing wrong.

The stewards added: "Had a significant portion of Car 4 (Hamilton) been alongside that of Car 8 (Rosberg) whilst Car 4 still remained within the confines of the track, then the actions of Car 8 may not be considered legitimate."

Rosberg was cleared for his incident with Alonso for the same reasons.

"I can only say that if, instead of such a wide run-off area there had been a wall, I'm not sure I'd be here now to talk about it," said Alonso.

After hearing the decision, Alonso wrote on Twitter: "I think you are going to have fun in future races! You can defend position as you want and you can overtake outside the track! Enjoy!"
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
...After hearing the decision, Alonso wrote on Twitter: "I think you are going to have fun in future races! You can defend position as you want and you can overtake outside the track! Enjoy!"
Boo fvcking hoo.... DV crying, how shocking...
Old 04-22-2012, 06:03 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
"The stewards looked into the matter
What you failed to mention is that the stewards also used the telemetry data to influence their decision:

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/05891#page_top

I am watching the race again, this time from a Sky Sports download (when I watch the races on TV, I get the BBC feed that is littered with TV commercials by my local cable supplier). Anyway, it is not an easy call to make. On TV, yes Rosberg moves over in both incidents. However on TV we do not have access to the telemetry. The telemetry does not lie as to exactly what the drivers do with their car control inputs.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I have to question the mental capacity of those who only vote for their boyfriend instead of choosing a likely winner in each race and voting for that driver. They can always Teabag in the thread.
Say it to my face and we will see who has what capacity. Lots of internet muscle behind that screen.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Boo fvcking hoo.... DV crying, how shocking...
Interesting.... so when Schumi pushed Rubens wide a year ago, you were all over MS for that. When Alonso gets pushed and says if there was a wall there (and if you look at the video there was an armco there for support vehicles) it's Alonso crying?????? Where is the consistancy???

Rosberg had his right side tires over the edge of the track on his block of Hamilton and Alonso. How Rosberg could CRY that Hamilton made a pass off track is beyond me.

Great to see Vettel and RBR back on track. Lotus is looking stronger than anyone thought.

Everyone is seeing the downfall of the mighty McLaren Evil Empire. In one day they yhave managed to lose both leads in the WDC and WCC. Awesome!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Good race. I hope we are not seeing a repeat of the Vettel-fest we saw last year. If so, it will ruin the season (at least for me). Unbelievable to see McLaren F-up their pitstops that way. I would've loved to see Kubica in this year's Lotus chassis. On to Barcelona.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
As most of you know, I started a thread on my trip to Maranello right after the Malaysian GP victory and posted some pics. There are 3 Ferrari factory workers I know personally and one, a mechanic, gave some pretty interesting opinions over dinner.

He was under no illusion that the win in Malaysia could be sustained with subsequent high finishes. He also said that Alonso was almost a second faster than Massa on average and that he was getting more out of that car than anyone else probably could on the grid. In his opinion, Massa was done mentally and may see the end of the season, but it really didn't matter as Ferrari is playing catch up with the other teams and it would be a mute point anyway.

When I asked about Schumacher, he said that Schumacher was unbelievable during his days at Ferrari, but not the absolute fastest driver. He said what made Schumacher "unbelievable" was his ability to understand the car he had underneather him and work almost like one of the engineers which elevated his on track speed above others.
What do your friends know.. They only work for Ferrari! Our friends here on Rennlist are the true experts, lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by agdamis
Kimi!!!!!

What a drive so great to have him back. The Lotus looking strong as both guys on the podium. Great job by Vettel as well.
+1. Getting rid of him was a big mistake on Ferrari. I can only imagine what a deadly combo Alonso and Kimi could be. Massa should have been the one getting axed. Happy to see the Iceman deliver. He came so close to winning. I can see him winning atleast once this yr, hopefully sooner since Lotus came out with a gppd car at the begining of the season. As the season progresses, they will lose to their competition. They don't seem to develop as well during the season anymore.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Interesting.... so when Schumi pushed Rubens wide a year ago, you were all over MS for that. When Alonso gets pushed and says if there was a wall there (and if you look at the video there was an armco there for support vehicles) it's Alonso crying?????? Where is the consistancy???

Rosberg had his right side tires over the edge of the track on his block of Hamilton and Alonso. How Rosberg could CRY that Hamilton made a pass off track is beyond me.

Great to see Vettel and RBR back on track. Lotus is looking stronger than anyone thought.

Everyone is seeing the downfall of the mighty McLaren Evil Empire. In one day they yhave managed to lose both leads in the WDC and WCC. Awesome!!!
You mean "McLaren International" as the brit commentors love to say, lol..
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Barrichello was pushed right onto the wall, maybe you could fit a pack of **** between the wall and Barichello's tires, between Alonso and wall there was what, 6 feet?.
Barichello was going about 300 km/h, Alonso maybe 200?

Alonso says if there was a wall? If?

Well, IF my grandmother had *****, she would be my grandfather.
But she doesn't so she's called a grandma.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Barrichello was pushed right onto the wall, maybe you could fit a pack of **** between the wall and Barichello's tires, between Alonso and wall there was what, 6 feet?.
Barichello was going about 300 km/h, Alonso maybe 200?

Alonso says if there was a wall? If?

Well, IF my grandmother had *****, she would be my grandfather.
But she doesn't so she's called a grandma.
So 6' at 200 kph is a better excuse. got it

the bias against Alonso is unbelievable. If it was Heikki or Kimi guaranteed you'd be the one bitching and crying about Rosberg not only going to the edge of the track but all the way over with both right side wheels!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was a good race, lots of passing and another driver and constructor win the race. That is now 4 for 4 Vettle drove a very good race and with Kimi righ behind him. The smile on Grosan's face was priceless during the post race interviews. Congratulations to all, now get the hell out of Bahrain
Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wasn't Alonso leading the WDC just a couple of weeks ago?
They better pay an expedite fee to get that red Sauber ...

ALL DRIVERS
Pos Driver Nationality Team Points
1 Sebastian Vettel German Red Bull Racing-Renault 53
2 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 49
3 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull Racing-Renault 48
4 Jenson Button British McLaren-Mercedes 43
5 Fernando Alonso Spanish Ferrari 43
6 Nico Rosberg German Mercedes 35
7 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Lotus-Renault 34
8 Romain Grosjean French Lotus-Renault 23
9 Sergio Perez Mexican Sauber-Ferrari 22
10 Paul di Resta British Force India-Mercedes 15