Sponsored by:

All that rubber

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:32 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Does R3 harm clear bra? I tried the TTR and it leaves the clear bra looking like sh*t.
My car is still in the shop but I tried it on the wife's 4Runner last eve....no problem and it knocks the **** out of stuck grasshoppers also.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Vampire
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

While all the previously mentioned products will remove the rubber if you rub long enough, Mother's R3 works without any elbow grease. It is magic stuff.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the stuff they use on race cars..blue and black can I think...can't remember the name off hand. But, whatever you use, always apply generously and rub GENTLY. Rubbing anything a lot or hard on the film will scuff it. Believe me, I know.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
Really guys, Mothers R3 is an incredible product.........

Scott
Actually I have used R3, but Turtle Wax bug and tar remover (spray) works better than the R3, and actually waxes up the car nicely too. Its much cheaper, and is available just about anywhere. I have two bottles of R3 that just sit on the shelf.

I actually have Clear bra on portions of my race car, and it does a fine job of cleaning those areas too.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

WD-40 FTW!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
WD-40 FTW!
WD can do almost anything, but I'd never let it near paint or any surface where I cared about the appearance afterwards.

I like the sound of this new R compound -- worth a try, just don't start front and center on the hood/bonnet ... : )

I use "bug & tar" too and the trick is to clean lightly first to let it break down the surface of the bugs and tar, then reapply and let it take a minute to work chemically rather than mechanically (rubbing) and be prepared to wash the work area before and after to be sure you're not leaving any active chemicals near the edge of paint film, edges of rubber seals, etc.

Keep in mind the race car teams want a "20 foot perfect" finish, not a detail -- they go for quick and shiny. If you visit a motorcycle parts shop, you'll find a great cleaner-polish branded by Honda (used to be a lot better, but it contained some unfriendly chemicals which have been banned.)

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok, I just tried the Mothers R3 stuff. It's the schiznitz. Spray on, wipe off. Essentially no elbow grease needed. I've been using a cleaner wax up until now. R3 is definitely the way to go.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
http://premiermobilegroup.com/pf1_products.shtml

I've tried many products, and this stuff is remarkable.
+1 for this stuff
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
If you visit a motorcycle parts shop, you'll find a great cleaner-polish branded by Honda (used to be a lot better, but it contained some unfriendly chemicals which have been banned.)
I still have a few cans of the good Honda stuff and it is what I used to use on my race bikes all the time. But it is not nearly as good as cleaning off rubber marks as Mothers R3.

Originally Posted by mglobe
Ok, I just tried the Mothers R3 stuff. It's the schiznitz. Spray on, wipe off. Essentially no elbow grease needed. I've been using a cleaner wax up until now. R3 is definitely the way to go.
Yep!

Scott

Quick Reply: All that rubber