Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Susie Wolff to Williams

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 AM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 68 Posts

Hoggel, I hear you. My wife is an engineer. Somewhere there might be a young woman who can flat-out drive that deserves a shot, is this her? Put her in the car if she is. I don't believe in token gestures and if I were a talented female driver I'm not sure I'd feel good about this precedent. I'm not criticizing her either, it is the circumstances of her appointment that are problematic.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
I wonder why they didn't pick one of the other DTM drivers that isn't competitive.

She was dead last in the standings last season.
Originally Posted by paradisenb
Oh, I saw her plenty. She is always DALBF and she stays out of trouble.
The DTM is bad *** racing and she makes the grid every race. That is commendable. She is not a Danica ability wise, but she is still an inspiration to other female drivers.
So is she the new face of F1 even though she comes in last? Is F1 copying Indycar and NASCAR with a Danika move purely for publicity? And if Danika is an inspiration to women but can't really win anything, then racing is going off the rail to promote this kind of situation.

Men don't have the genetics to have babies, and women don't have the genetics for the hand/eye coordination to be racing chanpions. If you disagree, show me examples of female racing champions at the highest levels of motorsports, otherwise STFU. I'm sick of seeing women who come in last get a seat when there are others who are way more qualified who don't have the female parts.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
So is she the new face of F1 even though she comes in last? Is F1 copying Indycar and NASCAR with a Danika move purely for publicity? And if Danika is an inspiration to women but can't really win anything, then racing is going off the rail to promote this kind of situation.

Men don't have the genetics to have babies, and women don't have the genetics for the hand/eye coordination to be racing chanpions. If you disagree, show me examples of female racing champions at the highest levels of motorsports, otherwise STFU. I'm sick of seeing women who come in last get a seat when there are others who are way more qualified who don't have the female parts.
I agree with you on most of that but I have (at least) couple of examples of badass women in motorsports.

These two certainly are the exception to the rule and might even be the only ones but they were both on top level and successful.
Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Were either of these woman champions, or just badass?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

No thong?
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 03:57 PM
CAM14
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Were either of these woman champions, or just badass?
In regards to the mid-air Audi, both a badass and a multi-champion.

some highlights I was able to quickly look up, sure there is more:

Michèle Mouton former rally driver. Competing in the World Rally Championship for the Audi factory team, she took four victories and finished runner-up in the drivers' world championship in 1982.

Won the two-litre prototype class in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In 1977, finished runner-up to Bernard Darniche in the European Rally Championship. She went on to win the 1978 Tour de France Automobile and record consistent results in her home events in the WRC; the Tour de Corse and the Monte Carlo Rally. In 1981, her first year with the Audi Quattro, won the Rallye Sanremo.

In the 1982 season, Mouton finished a close second overall to Walter Röhrl, after wins in Portugal, Brazil and Greece, and helped Audi to its first manufacturers' title.

In 1985, she won the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in the United States, setting a record time in the progress.

In 1986, she moved to Peugeot and won the German Rally Championship as the first female driver to win a major championship in rallying.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

the really sad thing is how Williams has gone from perennial WDC/WCC contenders to a farce of a team with pay drivers, inability to find $$ for quality drivers (i.e. Rubens) and now nepotism of the highest order.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAM14
In regards to the mid-air Audi, both a badass and a multi-champion.

some highlights I was able to quickly look up, sure there is more:

Michèle Mouton former rally driver. Competing in the World Rally Championship for the Audi factory team, she took four victories and finished runner-up in the drivers' world championship in 1982.

Won the two-litre prototype class in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In 1977, finished runner-up to Bernard Darniche in the European Rally Championship. She went on to win the 1978 Tour de France Automobile and record consistent results in her home events in the WRC; the Tour de Corse and the Monte Carlo Rally. In 1981, her first year with the Audi Quattro, won the Rallye Sanremo.

In the 1982 season, Mouton finished a close second overall to Walter Röhrl, after wins in Portugal, Brazil and Greece, and helped Audi to its first manufacturers' title.

In 1985, she won the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in the United States, setting a record time in the progress.

In 1986, she moved to Peugeot and won the German Rally Championship as the first female driver to win a major championship in rallying.
Shirley Muldowney won the NHRA Top Fuel title three times and at her prime, she was pretty sweet too.
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
No thong?
Not unless that thing in her hand is a spare.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
the really sad thing is how Williams has gone from perennial WDC/WCC contenders to a farce of a team with pay drivers, inability to find $$ for quality drivers (i.e. Rubens) and now nepotism of the highest order.

+1

Just look at this year's Friday practice results, their 3rd driver, Waltteri Bottas has been faster than Maldonado on all three Friday practices...

Quick Reply: Susie Wolff to Williams