Sponsored by:

Harness/adjuster installation question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Harness/adjuster installation question

Have a pair of Schroth Profi II's installed along with a half bar and OEM GT2 seats. Lap belts are setup in the pull-up configuration.

From my understanding, the adjusters should NOT be sitting up against the belt hole in the seat.
Very informative video from HMS.

The outboard sides are fine. My concern is the inboard side of both the passenger and driver's seats. The pics below are of the inboard lap belt on the driver's side. Not a lot of room (okay, really no room) between the seat/anchor and the tunnel. But the adjuster looks like it's sitting right up against the belt hole.

Just in case it's not clear, the tip of my sunglasses are pointing at the adjuster in this second pic.

So, my question is, is this a correct or incorrect installation? If incorrect, how do I fix this? Again, there is zero room between the seat and tunnel. Does the seat need to come out to move the adjuster? TIA.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Ok, anyone else here with GT2 seats that can just take a quick snap of their inboard lap belt adjuster?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am honestly having a really hard time seeing what is going on there. I would say the easy solution would be to move hte mounting point rearward and/or get that one belt adjusted and loosen only the other side when you undo them. Of course, what is "easy" for me might not be so easy for you, as I wouldn't think twice about drilling through my floorboard.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

I had a similar issue w/ some pull-up belts in the past. My mounting point was just the right length to let the adjuster catch on the seat opening, making tightening difficult. Rather than moving mounting points I just went to pull-down belts where the adjuster is closer to the central attachment point.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 67King
I am honestly having a really hard time seeing what is going on there. I would say the easy solution would be to move hte mounting point rearward and/or get that one belt adjusted and loosen only the other side when you undo them. Of course, what is "easy" for me might not be so easy for you, as I wouldn't think twice about drilling through my floorboard.
I don't think moving the mounting point is an option as I believe the seat belt anchor is utilized.
Drilling a hole in the floor is not an option for me. Although I want to make it safer, I also want/need to keep this a primarily-street car.

Originally Posted by jerome951
I had a similar issue w/ some pull-up belts in the past. My mounting point was just the right length to let the adjuster catch on the seat opening, making tightening difficult. Rather than moving mounting points I just went to pull-down belts where the adjuster is closer to the central attachment point.
Tightening the belt is not an issue. I can do that just fine. My concern is that in a impact situation, as the belt tightens, the adjuster will 'flip' against the seat opening and release the belt (as illustrated in the video I posted).
If I move to a pull-down configuration, I'll have a heck of time snugging up the belt without my own personal pit crew

Quick Reply: Harness/adjuster installation question