Is there such an animal? (trailer)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, you guys are right. I didn't think that "perfect" trailer existed. But, I sure do love the Raptor. Will have to do some soul searching.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by gomez1
I was so impressed I took a pic. Here ya go mooty forget the Dually you MUST have this!

kodiak, right?
impressive.
i will look into it.
i am much more excited about my trailer than my RS4.0 and my race car.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the Raptor when I bought my FX4 Ecoboost. Would have liked it but the FX4 towing capacity is 11,500 lbs so I went with that. As near as I could tell at the time the AWD trucks were ~6k lbs towing and the 4WD trucks with the max towing package were 11,500 lbs.
I tow a standard height enclosed Trailex and it's all you really need. The extra height option would be excellent especially with added air...carry the generator in the back of the truck ANY of the other full size trailers will push you too close to the 6k lbs limit.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Leigh2
I looked at the Raptor when I bought my FX4 Ecoboost. Would have liked it but the FX4 towing capacity is 11,500 lbs so I went with that. As near as I could tell at the time the AWD trucks were ~6k lbs towing and the 4WD trucks with the max towing package were 11,500 lbs.
I tow a standard height enclosed Trailex and it's all you really need. The extra height option would be excellent especially with added air...carry the generator in the back of the truck ANY of the other full size trailers will push you too close to the 6k lbs limit.
Yes I will def take a look at those before I throw in the towel w the Raptor. I'm afraid I may outgrow it though. Won't be difficult to get to my limit once I throw in some tires/rims and other goodies.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

I carry a 10X15 canopy, jack and stands, 2nd set of wheels, fold up bicycle, and misc tools in the trailer. Main toolbox and any other spares in the truck. If I need anything else it's usually the end of the weekend anyway...although now that I have the towing capacity the temptation is certainly there to go "Mooty" and get a 36' trailer and haul lots more stuff...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Leigh2
I carry a 10X15 canopy, jack and stands, 2nd set of wheels, fold up bicycle, and misc tools in the trailer. Main toolbox and any other spares in the truck. If I need anything else it's usually the end of the weekend anyway...although now that I have the towing capacity the temptation is certainly there to go "Mooty" and get a 36' trailer and haul lots more stuff...
How tall inside is standard? How much do you think it weighs with everything?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

84" total height....definite crouch when inside so we sit outside under the canopy. It's around 5500lbs loaded...

Quick Reply: Is there such an animal? (trailer)