Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife is entering the Lemons series!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

another big v8 to drag the little guys down the straight and hold em up in the turns - but now there's women behind the wheel - sweet!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVISRILEY
I agree 100%. I am so used to 2 hr plus stints now that the 20 minutes or so seems to go by in a blink.
Other than LeMons and Chump Car, I know of only a few "club" races of length: SCCA 12 Hour at NJMP, SCCA 13 Hour at VIR and NASA 25 Hour at Thunderhill. Where else are you running real endurance races?

See you at the NJMP Lightning LeMons race in a couple of weeks!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Other than LeMons and Chump Car, I know of only a few "club" races of length: SCCA 12 Hour at NJMP, SCCA 13 Hour at VIR and NASA 25 Hour at Thunderhill. Where else are you running real endurance races?

See you at the NJMP Lightning LeMons race in a couple of weeks!
Nowhere else as of yet. Still in process of finishing the "real" race car, but at this point we have over 8000 miles on track in the celica, plus 7 or 8 pca and bmwcca de weekends. I hand it out like a party favor to the other instructors, they love it. It's a great little car. Hopefully the "real" race car can be 1/2 as reliable.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
That is very cool Dave.......

I look forward in sharing the track with them.....
I'll be there as emotional support. I might run TBolt that Friday as I'll be coming back from VIR. Dunno.
We should be easy to 'spot.'
Originally Posted by Bill N
Sounds like a blast, have fun, Irene!
I'll let her know Bill. Fortunately she doesn't read RL. We'll see you at C&S.
Originally Posted by certz
My wife drives on our Lemons team. Previously, she had only done DE's and is an instructor but had no wheel-to-wheel experience. It definitely caught her out by how aggressive some drivers are, but she has learned a lot and we all have a great time. I have no doubt your wife and the rest of the team are going to have a blast.

We will be doing both the Autobahn CC races and Road America this year assuming our 1986 944 holds together.
I'm sure Irene will have a similar experience. Then again, we live in the Boston area: every day driving is for position.
Originally Posted by aj986s
LeMons is more fun than it should be. We'll look for you at NJMP. This is our Bank Of Greece car......cause we're always out of money...

That's great! I had an 80 Rx7 which I'm guessing yours is. 12A Wankel.
Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Carmine involved? Is he working on the car? He'll put a Corvette engine in there !
The very same Carmine. Come to think of it, his ZR1 has lost a lot of power since he prepped the Lemons car.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam, I really wish I could see this!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
I hope she is doing the two NHMS events, because Matt and I will be there. I actually know that car from past Lemons races, tell her to get ready for some serious BS points because that car isn't even CLOSE to being a $500. However, she will have a blast! There team will do fine, I would say at leat 65%-75% have no clue what they are doing out there.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Dave which club is running at T-bolt on that Friday?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Red face

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Dave which club is running at T-bolt on that Friday?
Hooked on Driving. You game?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morsini
Dam, I really wish I could see this!
I'll take lots of pics.
I have my own honorary cheetah suit as well. I might not live this one down.
Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Dave,
I hope she is doing the two NHMS events, because Matt and I will be there. I actually know that car from past Lemons races, tell her to get ready for some serious BS points because that car isn't even CLOSE to being a $500. However, she will have a blast! There team will do fine, I would say at leat 65%-75% have no clue what they are doing out there.
She's hoping to make the NHMS one but she might have to work. If I'm free I'll come by the root for the Cheetahs and everyone else!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Hooked on Driving. You game?
I am in if you are......
Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
...That's great! I had an 80 Rx7 which I'm guessing yours is. 12A Wankel...
Its actually a 1979. Original owner wrecked it in 1995, then parked it in the underground garage of the building he lived in...until 2010 when we helped him get rid of it. Still has the original 1995 DC registration sticker on the window. Not a straight panel on it, though the frame seemed ok. Since then, despite a blown motor, goop in the gas tank, fussy carb, crappy brakes, wheel falling off, and fuel pickup tube that started leaking so we couldn't go below 1/2 tank, we soldier on.

BTW, from what I've heard, the LeMons race at NJMP will be on Lightning again. Look forward to meeting your team!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aj986s
Its actually a 1979. Original owner wrecked it in 1995, then parked it in the underground garage of the building he lived in...until 2010 when we helped him get rid of it. Still has the original 1995 DC registration sticker on the window. Not a straight panel on it, though the frame seemed ok. Since then, despite a blown motor, goop in the gas tank, fussy carb, crappy brakes, wheel falling off, and fuel pickup tube that started leaking so we couldn't go below 1/2 tank, we soldier on.

BTW, from what I've heard, the LeMons race at NJMP will be on Lightning again. Look forward to meeting your team!
Slap on a header and a Weber 42 DCOE side draft carb. That's how I ran mine back in the day. It was also the first car I ever tracked and I only blew 2 motors.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

For those of you who are going to be there here is what the car is looking like now. I will be wearing an honorary cheetah outfit and I respectfully request that nobody photos me!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 AM
tmark
Instructor

Of course not Dave. Why anyone would want a picture of you dressed up like a cheetah is beyond me.

Wait a minute..............
Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
ashleykalyn
Track Day

Sorry Dave pictures are already available!!!

If you'd like to see Dave in his cheetah suit and follow the rest of the cheetahs along for the ride check out our facebook page and be sure to like us!!

www.facebook.com/fastwomen

We're planning on doing 4 races this season, NJMP, NHIS x2 and Summit Point! It will definitely be an exciting ride!!

Quick Reply: My wife is entering the Lemons series!