Button: Alonso would be the ideal team-mate

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Button: Alonso would be the ideal team-mate

Button: Alonso would be the ideal team-mate
Jenson Button says Fernando Alonso would be an ideal team-mate if he were to chose someone other than current McLaren partner Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button has named Fernando Alonso as the man he sees as his ideal team-mate, if he had to chose someone other than his current partner Lewis Hamilton.

The pair have shared the victory in the two races held so far this season, with Button taking the chequered flag first for McLaren in Australia and Alonso picking up a surprise success for Ferrari in the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang last weekend.

Speaking to the Press Association, Button said he was enjoying the challenge of competing alongside another F1 title winner in the shape of Hamilton but also said he was welcome the opportunity to go head-to-head with someone like Alonso if the chance were to arise.

"Lewis is extremely quick, we see that all the time, and it's really exciting having a team-mate like that," he said. "It's tough on some days, but other days it's great, and it's a real challenge, which I like.

"But if Lewis wasn't in Formula One, for example, I personally feel it would be exciting having Fernando as a team-mate. Fernando is extremely talented, he is a double world champion, he is fast.

"Is he the fastest in the sport? Probably not, and would he probably say the same, but he is very intelligent."

Button added that part of the reason he felt he would enjoy working with the Spaniard is because of some of the similarities they share.

"In some ways we're similar, in other ways we are definitely not," he said. "One of the ways in which we are is in terms of wanting a team of people around us. We need that support to really achieve.

"So yeah, he'd be exciting to work with, to work with and to be an enemy, which I'm sure he would be."

Quick Reply: Button: Alonso would be the ideal team-mate