Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

looking forward to seeing how he does in DTM this year
Old 03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
You say classless, I say a$$holes as well.

Too bad there was no need for the tire wall in T17 because he deserved it.
It must come from the top -- they've been aggressive for a number of years. Hand certainly expressed the opinion that most of the teams "know how these guys drive".

I can only recall back to the Flying Lizard (Bergmeister) / Rizi (Melo) scuffle when it started to get ugly, what maybe five years ago -- was there this BS before that? My guess is that these Italian guys feel like THEY are on an island and that THEY are the one getting picked on; which of course is crap.

I was glad to see it end the way it did.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:07 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Try this -
That was GREAT Gary. Thanks. Gotta love the French!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Great to see Hand win!!

But it's really confusing, can someone explain what happened?

Beretta passed Joey in T16, then got back by in T1.
Then somehow the 51 Ferrari got up to Joey and pushed him off in T4?
Beretta must have gotten by when Joey was trying to get back on track. When did Joey repass him? And the battle in the last turn was not really for the win, that was just basically lapping the 51 car for a show??

Congrats to AJR for their 1-2 finish in GTC with my Lime Rock ALMS co-winner Dion Von Moltke driving an amazingly fast and clean last stint.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
It must come from the top -- they've been aggressive for a number of years. Hand certainly expressed the opinion that most of the teams "know how these guys drive".

I can only recall back to the Flying Lizard (Bergmeister) / Rizi (Melo) scuffle when it started to get ugly, what maybe five years ago -- was there this BS before that? My guess is that these Italian guys feel like THEY are on an island and that THEY are the one getting picked on; which of course is crap.

I was glad to see it end the way it did.
Let's not start picking on Italians ... Capish?

Regards, Dave
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

What an awesome finish in GT.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Great to see Hand win!!

Beretta must have gotten by when Joey was trying to get back on track. When did Joey repass him? And the battle in the last turn was not really for the win, that was just basically lapping the 51 car for a show??
I was there. Hand had the lead. Beretta passed him at 15. Hand re-took at T1. Then Beratta took him out in T3.

Also what they may not have shown on TV was with 30 minutes left or so Beratta tried to out brake Hand into T7 and nearly ran off. Hand went up and under, even with traffic Beratta got back on his rear, amazing stuff.

BTW: What happened to the Corvette. At about 15 left all three were within a car's length...awesome. This GT battle rivaled last year's Petit LeMans.

@Pedro...my brother and I wanted to get back by your group, things got busy. Definitely next time.

Last edited by AtlJimK; 03-18-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see Hand win!!

Congrats to AJR for their 1-2 finish in GTC with my Lime Rock ALMS co-winner Dion Von Moltke driving an amazingly fast and clean last stint.
Beretta spun right behind Hand so it's good that Hand didn't take the other Ferrari into the tires in T17 because it could have cost him the win.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
KNK123
Rennlist Member

Location: Land of Fruits and Nuts, but the weather is perfect.

Great to see Hand win!!

Hand was confused and went for broke in the final turn for no reason. This is what happened: Hand got by Beretta in the 71 Ferrari earlier in the lap and the 71 was a few cars behind Hand when the 51 Ferrari (which was many laps down) almost booted Hand from the track. (Beretta in the 71 never got by Hand after Hand's incident with the 51.) Then Hand, thinking the 51 was Beretta in the 71, tracked down and passed the 51 in the last turn. Again, the 51 was several laps down so there was no need for this, but Hand thought the 51 was the 71, so he went for it. Craziness.

The ABC coverage and Despain got it right. SPEED Center got it wrong.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Well that makes it so much less interesting. Glad to see the bumping didn't affect the winner.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When Hand went off on the last lap Beretta behind him also went off. Beretta said he saw Hand go off, got on the brakes and his car spun off. Beretta then got passed by the Corvette to finish third. Berretta seems like a good guy, i liked him when he drove the Corvette. The rest of the Ferrari guys, not so much.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KNK123
Hand was confused and went for broke in the final turn for no reason. This is what happened: Hand got by Beretta in the 71 Ferrari earlier in the lap and the 71 was a few cars behind Hand when the 51 Ferrari (which was many laps down) almost booted Hand from the track. (Beretta in the 71 never got by Hand after Hand's incident with the 51.) Then Hand, thinking the 51 was Beretta in the 71, tracked down and passed the 51 in the last turn. Again, the 51 was several laps down so there was no need for this, but Hand thought the 51 was the 71, so he went for it. Craziness.

The ABC coverage and Despain got it right. SPEED Center got it wrong.
Hand said in the interview immediately after the race that it was the 51 who hit him. It did not seem that he was confused. I can understand him being worried that the 51 would be trying to slow him down.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Greg A
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DCP
Hand said in the interview immediately after the race that it was the 51 who hit him. It did not seem that he was confused. I can understand him being worried that the 51 would be trying to slow him down.
No, he didn't. The reporter asked him about the 51 hitting him, and Hand said, "no, it was the 71".

As stated by KNK123, Hand was confused and passed the 51 in the last corner. Beretta in the 71 was behind Hand in 3rd place at the finish. Part of the problem may have been that the on-screen classifications showed Beretta ahead of Hand when he was not.

Greg A
Old 03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Greg A
No, he didn't. The reporter asked him about the 51 hitting him, and Hand said, "no, it was the 71".

As stated by KNK123, Hand was confused and passed the 51 in the last corner. Beretta in the 71 was behind Hand in 3rd place at the finish. Part of the problem may have been that the on-screen classifications showed Beretta ahead of Hand when he was not.

Greg A
Yup. I was confused too.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
lopro
Banned

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ml#post9377611

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...4BA3B40B6895A6

I like this page.

http://www.spotterguides.com/

Quick Reply: Joey Hand is THE MAN!