Predictions for the 2012 F1 Season

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,934 Posts
Default Predictions for the 2012 F1 Season

As we come upon the eve of the start of a new F1 season, it's always interesting to put down a few thoughts and see how accurate they are come the midseason report all the way through the final race.

In the past, we've had "Detractors" and "Faux Champions" discussions, but I don't think anyone on the grid that has a WDC hasn't earned what they got. With so many WDC at the same time on the grid, this looks to be the start of a very interesting year.

No one will know for sure until after qualifying, but given what has been reported, it looks like McLaren has a pretty good car to start the season, Ferrari does not. Of course the Adrian Newey Red Bull could be even better than last year, but it's hard to imagine that kind of dominance again....

Austrialia:
Historically, the McLarens have always been good on low grip street circuits. Don't know if this car will be the same, but I'll assume it is.

Couple that with the fact that Pirelli came out this week and said its tires will not last as long as last years tires, I give the advantage to the guy that is easy on his equipment and tires.

I think Hamilton will have a better year than last year, but his style runs the tires off rims, Button is the opposite. If Button gets the upper hand as it relates to points, look for Hamilton to have a nose dive as it relates to his attitude with the team as his contract expires in about 9 months time.

Look for Webber to have a better year than last, but Vettel is still the gold standard in today's F1.

At Ferrari, they will begrungingly accept 4-8 place points for the away races to start the year, but if they don't get their act together by the time the 2nd or 3rd European race ends, look for technical directors heads to roll.

Massa will not finish the season in a race seat.

Schumacher will see the podium this year in a wet race and Rosberg will break his cherry and win his maiden F1 win in safety car managed race.

Kimi will shine at times and flatter the Renault/Lotus and other times he will take to drinking on a boat in the Monaco Marina and curse himself on why he returned. in the first place.

The once past glory of Williams F1 will not be renewed with a lack of sponsorship money and a brain drain of technical personel.

Force India will find its way up onto a podium at a track that favors it's car such as Spa.

One of the back marker teams such as Marussia/Virgin/HRT will not finish the entire season.

What say you?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Vettel wins another title with Red Bull winning the manufacturers championship. IMHO
Oh and Alonso finally comes out of closet.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone but Alonso.
Luca ends up like Mussolini.
Tata buys Ferrari.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
As we come upon the eve of the start of a new F1 season, it's always interesting to put down a few thoughts and see how accurate they are come the midseason report all the way through the final race.

In the past, we've had "Detractors" and "Faux Champions" discussions, but I don't think anyone on the grid that has a WDC hasn't earned what they got. With so many WDC at the same time on the grid, this looks to be the start of a very interesting year.

No one will know for sure until after qualifying, but given what has been reported, it looks like McLaren has a pretty good car to start the season, Ferrari does not. Of course the Adrian Newey Red Bull could be even better than last year, but it's hard to imagine that kind of dominance again....

Austrialia:
Historically, the McLarens have always been good on low grip street circuits. Don't know if this car will be the same, but I'll assume it is.

Couple that with the fact that Pirelli came out this week and said its tires will not last as long as last years tires, I give the advantage to the guy that is easy on his equipment and tires.

I think Hamilton will have a better year than last year, but his style runs the tires off rims, Button is the opposite. If Button gets the upper hand as it relates to points, look for Hamilton to have a nose dive as it relates to his attitude with the team as his contract expires in about 9 months time.

Look for Webber to have a better year than last, but Vettel is still the gold standard in today's F1.

At Ferrari, they will begrungingly accept 4-8 place points for the away races to start the year, but if they don't get their act together by the time the 2nd or 3rd European race ends, look for technical directors heads to roll.

Massa will not finish the season in a race seat.

Schumacher will see the podium this year in a wet race and Rosberg will break his cherry and win his maiden F1 win in safety car managed race.

Kimi will shine at times and flatter the Renault/Lotus and other times he will take to drinking on a boat in the Monaco Marina and curse himself on why he returned. in the first place.

The once past glory of Williams F1 will not be renewed with a lack of sponsorship money and a brain drain of technical personel.

Force India will find its way up onto a podium at a track that favors it's car such as Spa.

One of the back marker teams such as Marussia/Virgin/HRT will not finish the entire season.

What say you?
Wow bro... Kreskin doesn't go into that much detail!

I predict the Merc will be very tough this year. No championship, but podiums and maybe a win or 2 are def. in the cards. Its the first 100% new car that they've made themselves. I think it will take a lot to beat RB, but I am pulling for a Button championship. I do really like Lewis, but he just isn't good at managing a car. He can drive the wheels off it...and that's the problem. Ferrari is same ol'. They've lost their fire. Its time for a BIG shake-up. They won't do anything until that happens.

Quick Reply: Predictions for the 2012 F1 Season