Sponsored by:

Sebring 12 hour streaming

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just posted a question about 12 hrs TV coverage, or lack thereof before I saw this...
Man, the popularity of ALMS (which I assume must be a reason for this) is really sad...

And I have to say ALMS is really shooting themselves in their foot with this bull****, who wants to sponsor a series when it has practically ZERO TV coverage?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't recall Sebring being unblocked last year. I too am fckd by the new media package.

AFAIK the only way for us to get this is to get a proxy thing and use a proxy from any country other than the USA and watch the stream through alms.com and not espn3. For espn3 you'll need an account. ALMS.com is available for free for the rest of the planet, just not the US.

Or wait until Sunday when you can watch a 12 hour race culled down to a 2 hour broadcast with 40 minutes of Corvette propaganda
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,294 Likes on 1,874 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
I don't recall Sebring being unblocked last year. I too am fckd by the new media package.

Or wait until Sunday when you can watch a 12 hour race culled down to a 2 hour broadcast with 40 minutes of Corvette propaganda
Hahaha! I don't know! Garcia, Milner, Gavin and the others are awfully strong...

I did the paid proxy thing last year to watch iTV F1 coverage and it worked like a charm. Will break it out again while here at Zone 2 PCA at VIR.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try streaming directly from ESPN3 website. Looks like it may be possible:

Link:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...t/auto+racing/
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Maybe I just got lucky and somehow the system didn't flag me. I had just always assumed that they had done it on purpose and that everyone was able to watch it. It was the only race all last season that I was able to stream. Regardless, doesn't look like that's going to happen this year.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 730 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Try streaming directly from ESPN3 website. Looks like it may be possible:

Link:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_...t/auto+racing/
Its not. You have to log in with your ISP or Cable TV account info. For Time Warner Cable (TWC) they now require you have BOTH their cable AND Internet service. I have TWC for Internet, but DirecTV for television...".sorry" they said, "no ESPN3 for you!" and TWC cable sucks...I had them before and after 5 visits by a tech trying to figure out why HD won't work right, I switched to DTV...never any problems.

Just like the WatchESPN app you see advertised - only available to Verizon, or Brighthouse or TWC cable users.

Bunch of BS...as I said, no care for the fans, it's all about the money.

I have no problem with them making money on it, but at least give everyone an option. How about PPV? I'd pay to be able to watch the season. Like the college FB, NBA, NHL, etc season packages.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

For those with Firefox.... Get the "Modify Headers" add-on.

You can then change your header to read anywhere in the world. It works for streaming the "not available in your country" BBC videos, and even "Red Button" after the F1 races. I'm pretty sure that it will allow streaming of Sebring from the ALMS website.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

^^ This may work! I have another proxy program but it's not very reliable.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
MikeJim
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALMS's Lame Explanation

While enthusiasm has run high on the Series’ announcement regarding its new television agreement with ESPN and ABC, several questions have surfaced that are worthy of clarification. As with anything new and different, we expected that.

THE NEW ESPN/ABC PACKAGE …
• Provides the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón a relationship with the worldwide leader in sports television on both network and cable broadcast outlets, and the exploding world of broadband digital media.
This new three-year alliance will dramatically expand the Series’ audience with more and better exposure on the dominant sports television networks in America - establishing ABC/ESPN as the destination for the best sports car racing in the world.

ESPN is the number one sports media brand in the world and fourth overall behind the NFL, NBA and Nike. Its multiple sports networks rank among the most widely distributed not only in the U.S. but the world. In addition, the relationship may have the potential to garner attention from other ESPN-related entities as well such as ESPN.com, SportsCenter & ticker, ESPN the Magazine, ESPN Radio, ESPNEWS, etc.

• Creates a multi-platform distribution of our product – network TV, cable TV, Internet – that is “the future” of sports television.
ABC telecasts will reach 115.9 million households, ESPN2’s broadcasts and four encore presentations of ABC shows will reach another 99.7 million households, and ESPN3 live events will reach 65 million households. Each race receives a fully produced live telecast as well as a widely distributed production via network TV (ABC) or one of the most widely distributed cable networks (ESPN2) in the US.

ESPN3’s live event streaming (a.k.a. Web TV) is rapidly evolving to become a mainstream alternative to traditional cable television. With numerous options such as Google TV, Xbox gaming stations or simply connecting a (broadband connected) laptop or PC to a television (there are many ways to do it), fans will be able to view the ALMS through ESPN3 on their home televisions. In addition, all the fully produced television productions of each race will be available live via americanlemans.com.

• Places the ALMS in a leadership position with new emerging technologies.
Many within the television and communications industry opine that as important as embracing these new technologies are now, it will be imperative for the future. Just as the Series has taken the lead with such initiatives as green racing and advanced, innovative automotive technologies, we are embracing an emerging technology platform that will eventually become mainstream.

While being on the forefront of new technology is exciting, it is important to understand that traditional network and cable television is still KING, and that is why our ABC/ESPN2 placements are so significant and valuable. The ESPN3 element confirms our foothold with the rapidly emerging TV technology that has outstanding future potential. Our new TV and digital platforms have us ideally positioned with today’s worldwide leaders of sports television AND the benchmark example of the future.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM
RSchoeni
Instructor

Default Live Stream...

Audi is carrying the live stream on their site.

http://tv.audi.com/#/01

_____
/bs
Old 03-17-2012, 11:44 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeJim
This new three-year alliance will dramatically expand the Series’ audience with more and better exposure on the dominant sports television networks in America - establishing ABC/ESPN as the destination for the best sports car racing in the world.
And then reality kicked in...
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

One of the Falken RSRs caught on fire . . .
Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by m73m95
For those with Firefox.... Get the "Modify Headers" add-on.

You can then change your header to read anywhere in the world. It works for streaming the "not available in your country" BBC videos, and even "Red Button" after the F1 races. I'm pretty sure that it will allow streaming of Sebring from the ALMS website.
Can I trouble you to walk me through this? I got the add-on but now it's not clear to me how to use it. The help pages wasn't much help either.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
darrendeguire
Rennlist Member

Appears alms.com is down or something but I was able to get it to work here on my iPad.

http://m.alms.com/node/4055
Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 PM
wanna911
Race Car

What happened to the 45? This is going to be a long painful season to support the Porsches.

Quick Reply: Sebring 12 hour streaming