KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+964...I'll come down to play.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A rookie race weekend should be something to cherish and also get behind you. Certainly I’ve done bigger things in life than PCA club racing, but I’m not sure if anything rivals the feeling of sitting in grid that first time, waiting – stomach churning with nerves and excitement, it truly is a rush! The comradery of the clan down at TWS is truly outstanding and would be super helpful to have that to get past all the jitters.
But it doesn’t matter where you do your first weekend, you need to get the thought of beating somebody, anybody, out of your head. Having that X on the back of your car I thought was meant for a warning to the other racers to be a little extra careful racing with you. Only 25% of racers heed that, the other 75% of them will dive bomb you and totally take advantage of the thought that you’ll give the right away just to keep things extra clean. In the south GT4 is going to pull the fastest car group at every track you are on. At TWS there will a 20 second gap in qualifying times between the fastest car in the group and the slowest. Heck even at Hallett it was almost 20 seconds I bet. As soon as you have figured out what’s happening with the racers you started with here comes the leaders lapping you. Kai, I would leave expectations behind wherever you make your first race weekend and I think it would be painful to watch your friends out there racing when you know you could be mixing it up too. Rookie weekend is awesome and a bit unpleasant all at the same time, I’d vote to get it over with but doing so with no expectations other than to have fun and keeping it out of the body shop.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

I'm with you 100% Coco and this is the reason I won't do the CR at TWS...beyond obtaining my log book as Viking suggested.

I'll do my PCA rookie weekend at HPT.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Kai,

Just so you (and others) know, registration for the DE portion of the event is not yet open. I think it will open just like our other DE's, one month before the event. Right now, the only thing to sign up for is the race.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mglobe
Kai,

Just so you (and others) know, registration for the DE portion of the event is not yet open. I think it will open just like our other DE's, one month before the event. Right now, the only thing to sign up for is the race.
Yew tempting me Herr Globe???

I've had a PM exchange with Viking, that Boxter GTS3 car is FAST....
Old 02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Yew tempting me Herr Globe???

I've had a PM exchange with Viking, that Boxter GTS3 car is FAST....
No not at all. I just see a few people signed up on the race roster who I know are not racers. Happens every year, and I thought I'd use the chance to try and help people understand what is and is not open for registration.

Yes the Boxster is quick. I think the right guy might be able to get that car into the '40's at TWS.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

TWS is definitely having a half day open track day on the Thursday (3/15) from 1-5 PM. it is on the track's web site but not on Clubregistration.net yet. The track says it is for licensed racers only, not sure if that restriction will remain. I am hoping there will be enough demand for them to make it a full day, but we will see...

Quick Reply: LSR Club Race at TWS - March 16-18