Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 604 Likes on 342 Posts
Default New Forum Sponsor Introduction: Essex Parts Services

Hi,
My name is Jeff Ritter, and I’m the High Performance Division Manager at Essex Parts Services. We've decided to become a supporting sponsor for this forum. I'm posting in the competition area, since that is the primary focus of our business. Essex has been in business since 1981, primarily servicing the professional racing market (NASCAR, ALMS, Grand-Am, etc.) We are currently located in Charlotte, NC. You can read a bit about our history here. In recent years we’ve had a growing presence in the automotive aftermarket, bringing professional level products and technology from Europe to amateur racers and enthusiasts in North America. Much of our business revolves around brakes, and we are the exclusive North American importer and distributor for some of the biggest brands in motorsports. Our focus is solely on the highest quality products that have been proven under the most rigorous forms of racing. Moving forward, we will be continually working with these manufacturers to develop new products for the various Porsche platforms.

AP Racing competition (England)- Complete high performance brake systems, calipers, discs, brake fluid, clutches, master cylinders, pedal boxes, brake pads

Ferodo Racing (Italy)- Racing brake pads, brake fluid

CL Brakes (France)- Sintered Racing brake pads

Endless (Japan)- Racing brake pads, brake fluids (we handle their NASCAR business)

Spiegler Performance Parts (Germany/USA)- Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Teknofibra (Italy)- Thermal and sound barriers and insulation

Scorpion (England)- Sport and racing exhaust systems

Tire Power (England)- Tire softener for treating race tires

While we are not exclusive on the following brands, we do hold and sell a sizeable inventory of their products:

Hawk Performance (USA)- Street and racing brake pads

Powerslot / Centric/ StopTech brake discs (USA)- High performance OEM replacement brake discs

Millers Oils (USA)- Engine and gearbox oil

In addition to importing and selling these products, we provide a number of services to the professional racing market, such as brake disc and pad burnishing, caliper and master cylinder rebuilding, brake dynamometer testing, etc.

Essex Staff: Essex has a diverse and talented staff, with over a century of combined experience in motorsports. Most of our managers are industry veterans who have held high ranking positions throughout racing, and just about everyone at Essex has personally participated in motorsports as well. We understand your passion for your car, and we strive towards keeping our customers satisfied at all times.

Personal History: I’ve been actively involved in motorsports since roughly 1999, initially in autoX, then in HPDE and time trials. I’ve owned a number of performance cars over the years, including: Integra Type-R, 350Z, C5 Z06, miata, etc. I have also been participating in various automotive forums since that time under the screen name “J Ritt”. You can read more about me here. Of relevance to this forum, the very first time I ever experienced a racetrack was Watkins Glen in a 1989 911 Carrera...and I was instantly hooked.

I and the other folks at Essex are excited to join and support this community, and we look forward to providing its members with top quality products and services. If you want to keep track of what we’re up to, you can like us on Facebook, and/or join our newsletter in the bottom left corner of our homepage. If you ever have any questions or are interested in any of the products we represent, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our phone number is 704-824-6030. We do not have an automated attendant, so you will always get a live human on the phone during business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm ET). You can also email me at any time through my signature, and I’ll make sure someone gets you an answer in a timely manner. Thanks for having us, and we appreciate any support you can give us.
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you here Jeff!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So if I understand this correctly, you are the sole importer of AP and Endless products.

Will you sell to me at wholesale prices?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,851 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Welcome, Jeff! I began buying parts from Essex back in 1988 and your company has a great reputation! Thanks for supporting Rennlist and the enthusiast community!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Radio996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just ordered the CL Brake pads RC6 endurance, front and rear. Nice co. to deal with.
Can't wait to try the difference relative to the Pagid RS29 (fr) and RS14 (rear)... But first, need to wait for the @#$%^ snow to melt before awakening the queen.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome and thanks for the support!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 604 Likes on 342 Posts

Hi Gentlemen! Thanks for the kind words. We are very much looking forward to enhancing our involvement in the Porsche community, and I'm glad to finally be on this forum in an official capacity.

So if I understand this correctly, you are the sole importer of AP and Endless products.

Will you sell to me at wholesale prices?
We are the sole importer of AP's competition products...not street products. For Endless, we only have an exclusive on their NASCAR products. I can sell to you at wholesale prices if you are a qualifying automotive aftermarket reseller (you own a qualifying repair/upgrade shop, etc.). If that is the case feel free to contact me via email or phone to discuss our policies, terms, and conditions. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New Forum Sponsor Introduction: Essex Parts Services