Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA MSR-H season opener

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:24 PM
Rene
Racer

Default NASA MSR-H season opener

NASA season opener MSR-H Jan 28th & 29th.

Anybody headed to MSR-H?
Old 01-24-2012 | 09:32 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

I decided to take the old GTS3 car. Do you know what time the gates close on Thursday? I may pull in that night if I can.
Old 01-24-2012 | 10:54 AM
Rene
Racer

I think 10pm but we will be staying at the Spec Racer Sports shop if it closed call me we will let you in.
Old 01-24-2012 | 11:13 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

I'll be there wrenching/coaching with at least 2 P cars, and one Miata it looks like. I will get there late Friday afternoon, if anyone needs any parts or anything let me know.
Old 01-24-2012 | 04:20 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

I'll be there.
Old 01-24-2012 | 11:24 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I'll be there wrenching/coaching with at least 2 P cars, and one Miata it looks like. I will get there late Friday afternoon, if anyone needs any parts or anything let me know.
Looking forward to catching up with you again after a long off season!
Old 01-25-2012 | 01:45 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Season off ?
I've been busier in the off season than I was during the season !
And yes, it will be good to catch up.
The Boxster S will be in GTS3 with you, but it will have a guest driver for this race weekend. - He has zero experience in the car, but I think he will find his way around the track ok.
Old 01-25-2012 | 08:53 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Season off ?
I've been busier in the off season than I was during the season !
And yes, it will be good to catch up.
The Boxster S will be in GTS3 with you, but it will have a guest driver for this race weekend. - He has zero experience in the car, but I think he will find his way around the track ok.
I saw who your guest driver is, pretty sure the learning curve will be short! Will he run the season in the car or just a ringer for the weekend?

I'm not taking the event too seriously myself as I'm not even bringing a full set of sticker tires. I've had a lot of track time this winter but I want to knock off the race craft rust as I get ready for my first FCRA race at Sebring in March.
Old 01-27-2012 | 09:28 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

I'll be there helping out on the grid. If I can't race the least I can do is help.
Weather looks great.
Old 01-27-2012 | 04:22 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by jakermc
I saw who your guest driver is, pretty sure the learning curve will be short! Will he run the season in the car or just a ringer for the weekend?

I'm not taking the event too seriously myself as I'm not even bringing a full set of sticker tires. I've had a lot of track time this winter but I want to knock off the race craft rust as I get ready for my first FCRA race at Sebring in March.
Yeah, I'm not too worried about having to coach him too much.
He is currently just a driver for this weekend.
The Boxster is still up for sale and the price is negotiable so feel free to make an offer.
Hopefully, it will be a good weekend and we will be able to see a little more of the cars potential.
See everyone out at the track ! I'm still working at the shop late,(Thank you Red Bull), on other cars that need to go to TWS for next weekend but I will be there most of Saturday and Sunday.
Viking
Old 01-28-2012 | 09:29 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Yeah, I'm not too worried about having to coach him too much.
He is currently just a driver for this weekend.
The Boxster is still up for sale and the price is negotiable so feel free to make an offer.
Hopefully, it will be a good weekend and we will be able to see a little more of the cars potential.
See everyone out at the track ! I'm still working at the shop late,(Thank you Red Bull), on other cars that need to go to TWS for next weekend but I will be there most of Saturday and Sunday.
Viking
As I expected, he was able to do ok without any need of my coaching. Someone at Nationals told me that Boxster's don't make good race cars, I wish they could have seen it today. Pole and overall win in a GTS3 car that is overweight for the current driver, I'd say the Boxster does ok as a race car.

We might run it at the PCA Club race in March as well just to see how it stacks up. Also looking at having Jay in his 996 out there as well.

For anyone interested, the car is still available for sale as well. PM me for details if interested.
Old 01-29-2012 | 10:01 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Viking is being modest. In winning overall both races yesterday the car beat out all the ST2 and GTS4 cars, including one driven by a National Champion. I think he lowered the class track record by 3 seconds or so. On old tires.

Anyone interested in winning Nationals in GTS3 should buy this car!
Old 01-30-2012 | 08:13 PM
bassam
Rennlist Member

Congratulations to Viking for creating a beast of a GTS3 car!
Old 01-31-2012 | 01:56 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Thanks guys, it was a fun weekend.
Looking forward to another great year of friends and racing.

Rob, who is building your transmissions ? Let me know if I can help with it in any way.
Bassam, loved seeing the exhaust !
Old 01-31-2012 | 09:50 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Rob, who is building your transmissions ? Let me know if I can help with it in any way.
Clearly we need to talk as I am not happy with the current result! The tranny should be in almost new condition as it was rebuilt in May of 2010 and has not been driven much since then. I should not have had the problem I had this weekend!!

On the plus side, I've got lots of cool video of me driving all the third gear sections one handed while I hold the gear lever in place with my other hand.

If we can find a way to get the car to Houston, she is all yours.

Quick Reply: NASA MSR-H season opener