Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:19 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
ended one qual session after a lap
You have a nice light car

How many years old was it, and was was your starting pressure?
How hard did you push on that first lap?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:14 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
You have a nice light car

How many years old was it, and was was your starting pressure?
How hard did you push on that first lap?
well, the first practice, they were '09s from Anderson... but nice shape.. NO problems at all. just chasing chassis changes and issues. brake bias, blown radiator hose, etc) put on the '14s with 2 heat cycles for the last qualifying. ive been behind the car that they came off of, for both sessions. (connie in the viper).
starting pressure was a little low.... probably 25ish, going for 34 hot, as Anderson starts at 22cold and 30hot, and he is 3400lbs and a second faster. of course the hoosier rep says he is smoking crack, convinced me to go higher pressure. so, I started the race with 32cold.
I did go pretty hard on them after the warm up lap, and they folded maybe at turn 5 or 6.... could have been I picked up something on the inside edge off line in warm up.

Last edited by mark kibort; 10-17-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
well, the first practice, they were '09s from Anderson... but nice shape.. put on the '14s with 2 heat cycles. ive been behind the car that they came off of, for both sessions. (connie in the viper).
starting pressure was a little low.... probably 25ish, going for 34 hot, as Anderson starts at 22cold and 30hot, and he is 3400lbs and a second faster. of course the hoosier rep says he is smoking crack, convinced me to go higher pressure. so, I started the race with 32cold.
I did go pretty hard on them after the warm up lap, and they folded maybe at turn 5 or 6.... could have been I picked up something on the inside edge off line in warm up.
you put on 5 year old A6's at the Runoff's....WTF

they blow out and you post a pic

Get a new hobby
Old 10-17-2014, 06:09 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsics
you put on 5 year old A6's at the Runoff's....WTF

they blow out and you post a pic

Get a new hobby
sorry I wasn't clear... my "B" set are perfectly good A6s that had life left on them for the qualifying session. I went to the new set 2 heat cycles for the session to really get a good time after other bugs in the car were worked out and the tire blew.

I don't think anyone here has had the reliability that my car has had over the past 15 years. maybe it all built up to have me hit the average in one week of racing!

Quick Reply: Hoosier radial slick failures?