Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: oversteer, motorcycle style

This stretched GSXR makes sliding a car look like a cakewalk

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 873 Likes on 432 Posts

In a t-shirt? What an idiot. We motorcycle racers in Nor Cal called these guys squids (not a positive term).

Scott
Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

a guy is powersliding around corners on a 200hp liter bike and you are complaining about his lack of gear?

FYI: squid = young noob rider who wears no gear at all and has no real talent or ability on a bike.

The guy in the video, although not wearing proper riding gear, is certainly not a squid.

also what kind of bike do you race? any pics?

Last edited by ubercooper; 12-27-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Almost as boring as watching "drift races"
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That video had more lead up than mission impossible 4.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A squid does not have to have no talent. AGATT baby. My skin may not look great on me, but it looks a lot worse on the pavement.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not impressed
Old 12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by ubercooper
a guy is powersliding around corners on a 200hp liter bike and you are complaining about his lack of gear?
Yes, I am......

FYI: squid = young noob rider who wears no gear at all and has no real talent or ability on a bike.
Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not in mine. Out here, a "squid" is someone who does stupid things on a bike such as what this video shows. Riding like an idiot without proper gear, regardless of you experience or talent, gets you labeled a "squid".

The guy in the video, although not wearing proper riding gear, is certainly not a squid.
Again, maybe not where you live. Racers out here tend to dislike the stunter crowd because of what they do on the street. It gives all sport bike riders a bad name. Improper gear and riding like an idiot makes you a "squid" in my book.

also what kind of bike do you race? any pics?
I haven't raced for 6 or 7 years now. I decided I liked walking like a normal human being. When I retired, I was racing a Kawasaki ZX-6RR. I have included a pic from my last race at Thunderhill (turn 14, I believe).

Scott
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Idiot (not Scott)
Old 12-29-2011, 12:20 AM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

fair enough, I thought it looked like fun and the guy has some very good bike control but different strokes and such... It doesnt make any difference to me if the guy ends up with nasty road rash or not... his choice, his problem.

I haven't raced for 6 or 7 years now. I decided I liked walking like a normal human being. When I retired, I was racing a Kawasaki ZX-6RR. I have included a pic from my last race at Thunderhill (turn 14, I believe).

Scott
Nice! My first bike was a 93 ZX-6R... If you are still interested in bike racing without the ominous though of eating it at triple digits, you should consider supermoto. Much lower speeds and running costs than sport bikes. Its generally held at go-kart tracks so you will only hit ~70mph on the straights, if that.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:07 AM
winders
Race Car

Nice! My first bike was a 93 ZX-6R... If you are still interested in bike racing without the ominous though of eating it at triple digits, you should consider supermoto. Much lower speeds and running costs than sport bikes. Its generally held at go-kart tracks so you will only hit ~70mph on the straights, if that.
You don't have to crash a triple digit speeds to get hurt. A good friend was paralyzed from the mid-back down because of a race start accident. Two other acquaintances were killed in crashes at 80 MPH or a little less. Another friend can barely walk because he got run over after a 50 MPH crash.

I have a big hunk of titanium on top of my left clavicle. I don't need or want any more.

Motorcycle racing was the most fun thing I ever did. Until I got my race car on my favorite track.......I can't wait to race the thing.

Scott

Quick Reply: OT: oversteer, motorcycle style