Sponsored by:

Spec Boxster at the 25 Hours of Thill??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
as you can imagine the last 72 hours has been insanity.
What I want to know is one of the online media sources commented about a Porsche being part of the Angel deal, so what's the new toy ?

Oh, and we should talk on the Monster Boxster thought, if you ever decided to go outside of the Mazda sponsored car then I can offer a lot of insight to the Boxster idea. I'm sure Gene has kept you up to speed on what we've been doing with it. The original car is up for sale btw.

Congrats on the new deal with the Angels.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,170 Likes on 599 Posts

porsche is a corporate sponsor of the angels and public transportation isn't very affective in socal. we'll see!

in regards to the monster boxster- that was a passing idea and it's proven to be more cost effective to stick with cars that are designed to be raced professionally as a platform to race. Mazda is paving a path for our team going forward and we will continue to expand upwards as it makes financial sense with drivers and sponsors who make it worthwhile.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

porsche is a corporate sponsor of the angels and public transportation isn't very affective in socal. we'll see!

in regards to the monster boxster- that was a passing idea and it's proven to be more cost effective to stick with cars that are designed to be raced professionally as a platform to race. Mazda is paving a path for our team going forward and we will continue to expand upwards as it makes financial sense with drivers and sponsors who make it worthwhile.
Very smart. I understand.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

we've still got to do that phone call. as you can imagine the last 72 hours has been insanity. more insanity than watching those damn trucks shoot fireballs every apex at 2am
CJ are you keeping the race team in TX? Do you guys have a full crew or just piecemeal a crew together as each event approaches?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

John I'm a mazdaspeed sponsored team! so I'll just kick your *** in a grand am rolex RX-8. with no restrictor plates.
Yea, yea, yea, talk's cheap big major league pitcher type guy.....
Old 12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

more insanity than watching those damn trucks shoot fireballs every apex at 2am
I race with those guys at the NASA So Cal events. They toss those things around like they're carts. Nathan Swartzbaugh was in the #93 Sports Truck West. He was the 2006 IMSA GT3 Cup champion....
Old 12-10-2011, 01:56 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a great deal from all sides. Class wins for Mazda the last couple years, and now having a new deal, and even Porsche as a team sponsor. Was fun to watch your effort last weekend from 2 pits away.

Considering how slow we were it was crazy to watch those trucks. Have to be a good driver to keep those things pointed straight... every time I was behind one you could just watch it twitch.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an email from Jason about driving with you guys... shoulda, coulda, woulda... I was already committed to the Gulf E30 in the paddock next to you. I sure was checking out your catering a couple of times Nice operation, very professional and good racing!

Mazda is paving a path for our team going forward and we will continue to expand upwards as it makes financial sense with drivers and sponsors who make it worthwhile.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Technovc
Advanced

Default Boxster Build For Thunderhill 25 hrs

Do you guys know a SoCal (or NoCal) builder who you'd recommend to do an E0 Boxster build for Thunderhill 2013?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Technovc
Do you guys know a SoCal (or NoCal) builder who you'd recommend to do an E0 Boxster build for Thunderhill 2013?

Thanks.
Most of the POC cars appear to be built by Hergesheimers, GSR, and Speedgallery. Do a search here and on Pelican for "eric523" for some nice pics and info on the Boxsters he's built at Hergeseimers.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Technovc
Advanced

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Spec Boxster at the 25 Hours of Thill??