Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Evolution GT (wide) seat in a 951?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
scph
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear!! Keep us informed!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scph
Good to hear!! Keep us informed!
Still trying to figure out what to do in terms of roll bar (or full cage), taking this opportunity to really think about the direction the car is going...
Old 12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by chrenan
Still trying to figure out what to do in terms of roll bar (or full cage), taking this opportunity to really think about the direction the car is going...
Full cage? That's the end of street driving... I think you were on the right track with the roll bar, HANS, harness plan. That's the perfect compromise for a car you can drive to the track without wearing a helmet.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:51 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JustinL
Full cage? That's the end of street driving... I think you were on the right track with the roll bar, HANS, harness plan. That's the perfect compromise for a car you can drive to the track without wearing a helmet.
Yep, pretty sure that's the right path Justin. I think it will provide the right level of safety. The only thing I am giving up is true roll over protection, but I think the risk of a shunt into a solid barrier (at stratotech) is higher than a roll over.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Just an update on this. I installed the Cobra Evolution GT seat with sabelt rails and brey krause brackets. It was tight with full interior/carpet and tricky to install, but doable. Its complimented by a Scroth 6-point harness (thanks JustinL) and a Heigo clubsport roll bar.

I haven't driven it yet, but I'm easily able to check side mirrors and blind spots, so it should be fine for the occasional street use it sees.

Quick Reply: Cobra Evolution GT (wide) seat in a 951?