Sponsored by:

25hrs Thunderhill on RaceMonitor

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mark, what was up with the 195's rear hatch in the first few hours? I saw it up for quite a while as it zoomed down the front straight.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 and I was in an e30 running 2:10's!

Originally Posted by dp35
TruSpeed Porsche - they had a driver (hopefully just one) that did not belong on a racetrack, especially in that sort of car. I had to pass the car 2-3 times, and I was driving a Mazda MX5 Cup car with a 2:01 best lap. It was not a very safe situation.

Sometimes money's better spent on coaching.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
dp35, I asked Rob at TruSpeed if they were having tranny issues beacuse the car was going so slow in some parts of the track. I like a lot of people were all over him (and almost into his rear bumper) and passed him 2 times in one stint. Rob said he was new to this, I hope he learned a lot, I sure he was freaking out.
According to Bill Rader, who built the gearbox and used some of our parts in it, there were no issues with the box. I suspect your assessment is correct that it was just a matter of a newer driver in a serious real deal racecar trying to figure out how to drive it in race conditions.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Hey Mark, what was up with the 195's rear hatch in the first few hours? I saw it up for quite a while as it zoomed down the front straight.
The two hatch (excuse me "Boot") latches kept popping open (they will be repalced prior to Daytona) we had to pit twice to fix the latches by placing speed tape on them. How stupid did that look.

According to Bill Rader, who built the gearbox and used some of our parts in it, there were no issues with the box. I suspect your assessment is correct that it was just a matter of a newer driver in a serious real deal racecar trying to figure out how to drive it in race conditions.
Yes it was a driver issue not gearbox per Rob

Mark
Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Mark C,

Living the dream yet again!
Nice job watched everyone on T&S and streaming. That had to be fun, Maybe next year, Mark P lets see how the season goes, maybe a spec box team is in the making...
Old 12-07-2011, 01:20 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Jim

You would have a blast doing the 25hr. It is a challenge and demanding but something you should seriously consider.

Are you going to Sebring like we discussed at Rennsport?

Mark
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,055 Likes on 577 Posts

the reason Mercer kept their nose clean and tidy was because every guy in that car was a good driver- van overbeek and fogarty are great drivers and know how to work traffic to avoid accidents. the clutch failed in our 36 car with about 4 or 5 hours to go which stuck me in 4th gear for my 95 min stint...quite hilarious pinging off the rev limiter at 8100 rpm in a mazda and taking t1 flat
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it did make me smile to stick with the TruSpeed car through 10-13... even had to back out of the throttle of our lowly E30 eta to avoid hitting them.

Thanks for the positive comments Mark... several teams came up to us afterward and complimented our effort. We are one of the slowest cars, the most fuel efficient, and almost certainly the cheapest entry. But we do have a great crew of drivers with solid experience... just not lots of money. So we try to be aware of faster traffic while doing what we can to keep lap times down. For the most part faster cars were patient with us and didn't force things. Last year we finished 26th and this year 27th overall just through consistency and reliability.

We are working on some plans to get faster... either a bit of tweaking to the eta or possibly a bump up to an E36. Not sure how it will pan out but either way we'll be back again!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Our car (2009 and 2010 E0 class winner....2nd overall last year) at hour 6:

And at Hour 13...but we finished!:

Quick Reply: 25hrs Thunderhill on RaceMonitor