Sponsored by:

Nitrogen Tank and Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Nitrogen Tank and Accessories

Curious if anyone else has purchased from this vendor. If so, what's been your experience? Very good pricing for what looks like decent quality components. Am I missing something?

Thx!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURBOSKILL-T...35135608025268
Old 11-26-2011, 10:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW, I went to my local welding gas supplier, bought a small (3' tall) N2 tank (in some states, you can not legally own the larger tanks, only lease them). I also bought an N2 regulator. $15 to refill.

I then went to a local hydraulics supplier and they made me a 3000 psi hose to length (air jacks exceed std 300 psi hose)

IIRC, it was $225 total.

Having 2000psi nitrogen really did help when I was trying to mount and bead kart tires cold weather
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check out cyberweld.com. It looks like the price will end up a bit lower.
I've ordered from them before with good service.

Dave
Old 11-27-2011, 10:34 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

At the guidance of another RL member, I just purchased a Nitrogen regulator from Grainger http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SMI...FX1?Pid=search for $130 plus shipping and tax
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

First, make sure you know what size bottle to buy. The bottle shown in the eBay link is a very small 40 cubic foot bottle. That looks way too small to me even if all you plan to do is "top off" your race tires during an event. I ended up buying a 160 cubic foot bottle which I think is a good size. It was the largest bottle I was told I could buy (with anything larger only being available for lease). My 160 cubic foot bottle is roughly 4 feet tall and it is easy for me to move around by myself.

The second question is where to buy your nitrogen bottle and accessories? I strongly recommend a visit to your local welding supply store. I used National Welders Supply and bought my brand new nitrogen bottle 3 years ago for only $160. I also bought a nice "intert gas" regulator for $100 that knocks the 2,500 psi in the bottle down to the 0 to 500 psi range. Then buy your air line to handle whatever pressures you plan to be using. For simply filling tires, you can use pretty much any standard air line available anywhere (typically 150psi rated). If you are running air jacks requiring 300psi, then you will want to buy heavy duty air line that is appropriately rated.

Besides very good pricing, another reason to visit your local welding supply store is that you need to know where it is so you can get your tank refilled. At National Welders Supply, it only takes me approx 15 minutes to show up and swap my drained bottle for one they already have fully charged and then I pay under $20 for the refill. Your welding supply store can also give you the advice you need to make sure you are buying the right regulator, etc.

Hope this helps . . .

Jeff
Old 11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

I used a local welding store and they set a system up for less than $150 and a super long hose for convenience. I only use for Motons so the small bottle has lasted me 2 yrs already. once empty, i"ll just take it in and they'll give me a new full one for like $15....
Old 11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with Jeff; get the larger bottle (150 to 250 cuft).

I've used two this season between my own tires, filling others, other folks small convenience tanks, blowing brake dust and truck/trailer tires - i.e. all the stuff one does all the time. Cheap enough, easy enough and light enough.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen Tank and Accessories